What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AppleTV?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So does this make me your
100353205v2_480x480_Front_Color-White.jpg

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Look on the back of your TV and see if it has a connector that looks like this --

hdmi-port.jpg

If it does, you are good to go!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What if it doesn't? I can't get the Apple TV? Shitums, Scott. I would go check now but it is to heavy to turn around ~ I will have to wait.

I am sure it does ~ it is pretty new!

OP
R

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, I will admit that the link to the AppleTV guide appears to be the old (current) model so now I'm not sure about the new one having an Ethernet connection. As far as the HDMI connector, even my 2 year old "cheapie" Samsung 720 from Wally World has 2 HDMI inputs.

AVService

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"The design changes are significant. The new Apple TV is a quarter of the size of its predecessor and is all black—which will help it blend in with HDTVs and various other entertainment center devices. The device now only sports HDMI, power, optical audio, and ethernet ports (along with a diagnostic USB port). It also keeps the built-in 802.11n wireless networking of the previous generation. Unfortunately, the Apple TV still has a maximum video output of 720p, meaning no 1080p streams from iTunes (or Netflix)."

Quote from ARS blurb about the ATV.

http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2...eliminates-storage-and-integrates-netflix.ars

Most newer sets have an HDMI connection.
If not you don't need an Apple TV evidently?

If my Internet connection dies with an old Apple TV I can still watch what I have on it already.

New Apple TV Out of luck,I can only stream from a computer then.

Only time will tell but I do not think it even enters Apples mind what we want or need.
99 cent shows and $4.99 movies we rent is what it is after.
Steve even said it would be cheaper to rent the same ones over and over than buying them.

Go Figure?

Ed

Last edited:

Bluesjam

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think Apple needs to send us the first bunch of them so us good ole iPad users can try it out with the iPad.:D

Most reactions