What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

appleid password not recognised when I switch off "Find my iPAD"

JamesKiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IOS 9.02 on iPad 2

Windows 7 on Fujitsu 32 bit laptop

My iPad shows that I am logged in with "Find my iPad" active.

I recently changed my Apple ID password and can successfully log into icloud on my PC using the new password.

I am trying to reset my iPad to factory setting while the device is connected, via USB, to the PC.

The reset won't start until I switch off "Find my iPAD".

On the iPad, I receive a prompt to enter my Apple ID password, which it declines to accept, even though I entered the same one as entered on my PC.

When I try to sign out, I am asked the following;

"If you sign out of your account, all Photo Stream photos and iCloud Drive stored in iCloud will be removed from this iPad" followed by Cancel or Sign Out

Selecting Sign Out prompts with "Are you sure...." and I select "Delete from iPad"

The I'm prompted for "Turn off Notes" and I select "Delete"

Then I'm prompted for "Turn off Safari" and I select "Delete from my iPad"

Then I'm prompted for my Apple ID password which is not accepted!

Can you suggest why the Apple ID password on my iPAD differs from the Apple ID password on my PC?

Thanks,

James

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you use an iCloud ID that's different than your Apple ID? If so, try entering the iCloud ID and password when turning off find my iPhone.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPadForums, James!

The iPad is asking for the password for your iCloud ID. If it's not the same as the Apple ID, you'll need to enter the password for the account you find in Settings - iCloud.

Something else to try would be to use the password you've had before when you delete iCloud from your iPad.
If that's not possible, revert the password to the one you've used before the new one on this site: Apple - Apple ID (Manage Apple ID) for a short time, just to be able to remove iCloud from your iPad.

Hope that helps.

OP
J

JamesKiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IOS 9.02 on iPad 2

Windows 7 on Fujitsu 32 bit laptop

My iPad shows that I am logged in with "Find my iPad" active.

I recently changed my Apple ID password and can successfully log into icloud on my PC using the new password.

I am trying to reset my iPad to factory setting while the device is connected, via USB, to the PC.

The reset won't start until I switch off "Find my iPAD".

On the iPad, I receive a prompt to enter my Apple ID password, which it declines to accept, even though I entered the same one as entered on my PC.

When I try to sign out, I am asked the following;

"If you sign out of your account, all Photo Stream photos and iCloud Drive stored in iCloud will be removed from this iPad" followed by Cancel or Sign Out

Selecting Sign Out prompts with "Are you sure...." and I select "Delete from iPad"

The I'm prompted for "Turn off Notes" and I select "Delete"

Then I'm prompted for "Turn off Safari" and I select "Delete from my iPad"

Then I'm prompted for my Apple ID password which is not accepted!

Can you suggest why the Apple ID password on my iPAD differs from the Apple ID password on my PC?

Thanks,

James
Thanks for your replies. This evening, my Apple ID user AME and password were accepted a d I was able to switch off "Find my iPad" and I completed by iPad restore.
My "problem" now is that I keep being prompted for Sign in to iTunes Store with my previous Apple ID and no obvious way to change the prompt to my current Apple ID

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you didn't change your Apple ID, but create a new one, and there are still apps you purchased with the old ID, you'll be asked for the password of the old ID when an app has to be updated. That can't be changed.

Most reactions

Latest posts