What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Applecare or not to Applecare?

Kamakzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wondering how you guys and gals feel about Applecare? I have a 16 GB iPad 3 I bought off of eBay and was wondering if I should do the $99 AC. Not even sure I can because the lady never sent me a receipt... :(

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The more you spend, the greater the need. Easy to drop or sit on or otherwise damage an iPad. Plus, it is nice not to worry about all of that.

OP
Kamakzie

Kamakzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder if not having a receipt is going to put a kibosh on it though... Guess I can call Apple and see tomorrow. Also if you drop and break an ipad without AC what does Apple charge for a new one? I thought I heard something about $199?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kamakzie said:
I wonder if not having a receipt is going to put a kibosh on it though... Guess I can call Apple and see tomorrow. Also if you drop and break an ipad without AC what does Apple charge for a new one? I thought I heard something about $199?

Not sure on the latter, but I don't see why you need a receipt....you don't need one to associate it with your apple ID and apple will be happy to take your money.

panchucko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Call them at this number 18002752273 you will have to press this press that, until you finally talk to someone
From what they told me when I bought Applecare+ was that you had to buy it within 30 days of release of iPad or buy it at same time.
You will be asked for the serial number, it is pretty hard to read on the back, but you can find it in the settings.

johnml

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can verify that you do need to purchase it at the time of your iPad purchase or within 30 days I went through a fiasco By not getting it when I bought my iPad. I had to go to the store after and get it, mind you I haven't even received it from Apple but I still had to bring it to a store to have a genius look at it once I received it.

OP
Kamakzie

Kamakzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just called them and it was a pretty simple process. She looked up my serial # and said "so this is registered to Chris" and I said uhh no. Must be the original buyer. So she said no problem and re-registered it to me. Then I had the choice of regular apple care for $79 or Applecare+ for $99. So I went with the + of course. She said without the drop coverage any accidents would cost $299!!! So I'm covered through 3-16-2014..

Most reactions

Latest posts