What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple wireless keyboard..can be used with dell computer?

Hcm17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering if the apple wireless keyboard can be used with a Dell computer running windows xp. And if so, how can I get this to work? Thanks!!!!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does your Dell computer have Bluetooth? If so, in the Control Panel if you go to the Bluetooth control you should be able to search for Bluetooth devices and your computer should find the Apple wireless keyboard. You may need to unpair the Apple keyboard from whatever it was first paired to. Bluetooth devices cannot be paired to two computers at the same time or there could be considerable confusion if both computers were 'in range' of the keyboard.

Tim
Scotland

Reaction score
Hcm17 said:
Hi,

Just wondering if the apple wireless keyboard can be used with a Dell computer running windows xp. And if so, how can I get this to work? Thanks!!!!

Yep.

You can use the Apple wireless keyboard with any system with a bluetooth connection. I also use the keyboard with a Dell laptop and it runs great. All you have to do is add the Apple keyboard as a bluetooth device:

-Click Start, click Run, type bthprops.cpl, and then click OK.
-In Bluetooth Settings, click Add.
-Push the power button on the wireless keyboard until it starts flashing
-In the Add Bluetooth Device Wizard, click to select the My device is set up and ready to be found check box, and then click Next.
-follow the onscreen instructions (you have to enter a passcode on the keyboard and press enter)

You are now ready to use the keyboard.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hcm17 said:
Hi,

Yep.

You can use the Apple wireless keyboard with any system with a bluetooth connection. I also use the keyboard with a Dell laptop and it runs great. All you have to do is add the Apple keyboard as a bluetooth device:

-Click Start, click Run, type bthprops.cpl, and then click OK.
-In Bluetooth Settings, click Add.
-Push the power button on the wireless keyboard until it starts flashing
-In the Add Bluetooth Device Wizard, click to select the My device is set up and ready to be found check box, and then click Next.
-follow the onscreen instructions (you have to enter a passcode on the keyboard and press enter)

You are now ready to use the keyboard.

Thanks, DontUnderstandMyIpad, as always you are there with a far better answer. Much appreciated.

Tim
Scotland

OP
H

Hcm17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you both for such detailed answers. Wonderful answers.

Most reactions