What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple upgrade for iPAD 4

mdoren

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple, come on, provide the loyal iPAD customers that purchased the iPAD 3 an upgrade. I feel like I was cheated with my purchase of the iPAD 3 when you had the iPAD 4 in the works. This is the first time I have felt like Apple cares more about money then the customer.

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple, come on, provide the loyal iPAD customers that purchased the iPAD 3 an upgrade. I feel like I was cheated with my purchase of the iPAD 3 when you had the iPAD 4 in the works. This is the first time I have felt like Apple cares more about money then the customer.

Do you complain when you buy milk and a new batch comes out the next day and you haven't even opened the carton you just bought? Think about that for a few seconds.

And define loyal. Because you bought one product? That isn't loyalty. Maybe if you bought 10 new retail Apple products, that might make you loyal. But what does Apple owe you for doing that? You got a product that you have been using. If it works what do you have to complain about?

BTW I know this is going to be shocking news to you, but Apple only cares about the bottom line. Look at how many billions they have on hand. Shocking isn't it?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

It may work better if you send this to Apple rather than here. We are powerless to get you an upgrade.

cyndy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now, I am happy with Apple, I got to return my less then 30 day iPad 3 for a 4. But there is something that has me thinking (and I could be wrong.) I notice they never stopped making the iPad 2 and still sell a new ipad 2 (tho discounted.) But if you look on the Apple website only "reconditioned" iPads 3 are sold. That iPad 3 is only months old, not old like the iPad 2. What's up? Is there something wrong with the iPad 3 (I did have one for less then a month, seemed fine for me) What is the reasoning, why not just keep selling new iPad 3s at a discount like the iPad 2? Are they going to totally kill the iPad 3 off? What happens then? It just disappears into the world like the iPad 1? Sure the iPad 4 has newer updates, but, in my small understanding of the Apple World, is this something way dif then the way Apple does things for the iPad 3, or am I just over thinking the whole deal?

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Now, I am happy with Apple, I got to return my less then 30 day iPad 3 for a 4. But there is something that has me thinking (and I could be wrong.) I notice they never stopped making the iPad 2 and still sell a new ipad 2 (tho discounted.) But if you look on the Apple website only "reconditioned" iPads 3 are sold. That iPad 3 is only months old, not old like the iPad 2. What's up? Is there something wrong with the iPad 3 (I did have one for less then a month, seemed fine for me) What is the reasoning, why not just keep selling new iPad 3s at a discount like the iPad 2? Are they going to totally kill the iPad 3 off? What happens then? It just disappears into the world like the iPad 1? Sure the iPad 4 has newer updates, but, in my small understanding of the Apple World, is this something way dif then the way Apple does things for the iPad 3, or am I just over thinking the whole deal?

You are really over thinking this. The iPad 2 is still being built because consumers demanded a $400 iPad. The iPad 2's manufacturing costs allow for that to happen. The iPad 3 and 4 on the other hand have nearly identical cost of manufacturing. So there is no reason to make two products with the same cost structure especially when Apple is deprecating the 30 pin connector.

And there is nothing wrong with the iPad 3. I am using one to type this. It simply got caught up in the middle of a connector switch over. No more. No less.

cyndy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, Skull, I do tend to over think (sometimes it works out, sometimes not)

What you said makes sense. Really, the iPad 3 "reconditioned" Apple is selling is a tremendous deal if you look at it that way. Really, I don't see much difference between the two, except the plug.

Most reactions

Latest posts