What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple TV how do I make my ipad 3 into a remote for my Apple TV as was promised

mjajd1694

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was promised that I could use any apple product as a remote for my Apple TV, but I tried to follow directions but failed. Also, my remote from my Apple TV broke. What do I do? I downloaded the app and it said to change file to home sharing, but I couldn't find the file on my iTunes app.

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What directions did you follow? Did you get the Remote app from the app store?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mjajd...I just deleted your other post as it was a duplicate of this one. Please do not do this since it makes it hard for other members to read and help you of there are multiple threads of the same topic present. It is also against forum rules.

Forum Rules - Apple iPad Forum

Thanks,

Ski ~
iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mjajd1694 said:
I was promised that I could use any apple product as a remote for my Apple TV, but I tried to follow directions but failed. Also, my remote from my Apple TV broke. What do I do? I downloaded the app and it said to change file to home sharing, but I couldn't find the file on my iTunes app.

This is what you need,

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/remote/id284417350?mt=8 it works like a dream.

The Archangel

Most reactions