What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple TV Gets HBO Go, WatchESPN and More in New Update

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]
Apple_TV_update.JPG

Apple TV owners will have more to watch today, as AppleInsider reports that Apple has just update the set-top box with HBO Go, Watch ESPN, Sky News and other channels, including Crunchyroll and Qello. [/FONT]

“HBO GO and WatchESPN are some of the most popular iOS apps and are sure to be huge hits on Apple TV,” said Eddy Cue, Apple’s senior vice president of Internet Software and Services. “We continue to offer Apple TV users great new programming options, combined with access to all of the incredible content they can purchase from the iTunes Store.”

Apple TV users have access to over 60,000 movies and 230,000 TV episodes, as well as iTunes, and the likes of Hulu Plus, Netflix’s streaming catalog, live sports from MLB, NBA, and NHL, plus Internet content from Vimeo, YouTube and Flickr.

According to Apple, iTunes users have downloaded more than one billion TV episodes and 380 million movies from iTunes to date, purchasing more than 800,000 TV episodes and 350,000 movies per day.

[FONT=&amp]Source[/FONT] Apple TV update adds HBO Go, WatchESPN & more channels, Apple,

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The HBO Go thing is big for me.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm guessing another useless update if you live outside of USA

It's also useless if you have cut the cable TV cord like we did years so. Huge savings and totally worth it, in out opinion. I don't get why there has to be a middleman for TV distribution though? Why can't we just purchase content directly from ESPN, HBO, whomever? Where is THAT plan? The whole reason people are ditching pay TV is that people are tired of not having ala carte style channel choices. Hoping someday this changes.....until then, bleh!

Most reactions

Latest posts