What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Store Pick-Up Confirmation - Where is it????

billb1950

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I ordered the iPad3 over the phone with Apple on March 8. As of March 14, my order still says "Order Being Processed". I have yet to receive a confirmation that the iPad3 will actually BE at the Apple store on March 16. When I ordered it, the Apple sales person said it would definitely be available. (The store is in Indianapolis). I called Apple yesterday about this "Order Being Processed" status and the person on the phone said that the store in Indy won't e-mail the confirmation until the evening of March 15. I don't know if this is correct or she just made this up! Has anyone else pre-ordered for an "in-store pickup" and gotten an actual confirmation that the iPad 3 is AT the store????

Thanks for your help and advice,
Bill

pkay1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You were lied to you cannot preorder you have to queue for store pickups I am going thurs teatime to be sure.
Start queueing or you will not get one I guarantee it mate.

OP
B

billb1950

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You were lied to you cannot preorder you have to queue for store pickups I am going thurs teatime to be sure.

Thanks for the info. But here in the US, I pre-ordered the iPad1, and they were piled behind the counter on release day with everyone's names on them. And if you didn't pre-order, you were in a different line, and had to wait. So I'm not sure what their policy is.... Does ANYONE really know? I do know that with all this chaos, my days of sleeping on the sidewalk in front of an Apple store are over!

netsecpro

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Actually,In Store pickup was available as an option online when I ordered mine on Thursday evening.

OP
B

billb1950

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually,In Store pickup was available as an option online when I ordered mine on Thursday evening.

Nice. That makes me feel much better. The only e-mail I received since March 8 is that the order is processing. What about you? Any actual "Pick-Up" confirmation?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I ordered mine on March 8 and it says to pick it up on March 16 at the local Apple store, but I still have not received a confirmation email from Apple. I don't know what to think of that. I'm showing up at the Apple store tomorrow anyway.

EDIT: I just got my confirmation email saying that my iPad order is ready to be picked up tomorrow! YAY.

Last edited:
OP
B

billb1950

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered mine on March 8 and it says to pick it up on March 16 at the local Apple store, but I still have not received a confirmation email from Apple. I don't know what to think of that. I'm showing up at the Apple store tomorrow anyway.

EDIT: I just got my confirmation email saying that my iPad order is ready to be picked up tomorrow! YAY.

Excellent. And at 3:00 PM Eastern Time, I just got MY confirmation that my iPad is ready to be picked up tomorrow. Incidentally, I live 140 north of Indianapolis, so I didn't want to make this 280 mile round trip for nothing. My son-in-law was in Indianapolis today, so he stopped at the store. The guy there told him I was going to get my iPad, and that I was very LUCKY, because they didn't get that many in-store pick-ups!

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am also surprised because I read you can't pre order.. glad mine is coming to the door, I can't imagine trying to fight that mess or why anyone would want too though.. LOL

Yakuzagang5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am also surprised because I read you can't pre order.. glad mine is coming to the door, I can't imagine trying to fight that mess or why anyone would want too though.. LOL

That's why I love Wal-Mart lol I'll be getting mine pretty much tonight, at 12:01am :) And I live in the middle of nowhere, don't assume many people will be there and they have 12 of each unit in stock. I'll have my new iPad before a lot of people are going to bed tonight lol

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

I got in line last year and it was a very pleasant experience. I think you might be thinking on some big city or something. Not everyone lives in a megacity. And they have one line for pre-orders at the Apple store and another for walk ups, so....

Oh...and you can pre-order...I did on March 8. Others here did as well. Apparently they only set aside so many for pre-order, though, so after they were gone the pickup date got pushed back...but you can certainly walk in a store and buy one and then cancel your delayed pick up pre-order.

Last edited:
OP
B

billb1950

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Patrizia: I agree with you. I happened to be in Chicago on March 8 and stopped in an Apple store to pre-order the iPad. The guy there told me I can to call Apple. When I did, the salesperson said they would TRY to deliver this to my house on March 16, but that if I pre-ordered it to a STORE, I would be guaranteed to get it. So, as much as I hate this 280 mile drive tomorrow, and the lines, I got spooked out of home delivery!

grouchomarx

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Stupid question.... What is the advantage of store pickup vs. delivery? Isn't it a much bigger hassle? Can you shed some light on your reasons?

grouchomarx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's why I love Wal-Mart lol I'll be getting mine pretty much tonight, at 12:01am :) And I live in the middle of nowhere, don't assume many people will be there and they have 12 of each unit in stock. I'll have my new iPad before a lot of people are going to bed tonight lol

Please report the result (if no one else shows up...)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Stupid question.... What is the advantage of store pickup vs. delivery? Isn't it a much bigger hassle? Can you shed some light on your reasons?

I work...and live alone...Apple won't let a carrier leave an iPad at your front door, so if you are not home then you have to wait. Better to pick it up than get stuck waiting the entire weekend for a second delivery.

Most reactions