What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Said to be Readying 7.85-Inch iPad for Q3 2012

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]
iPad_2_4.JPG

AppleInsider reports today on a new story in DigiTimes which says that according to its sources, companies in Apple’s manufacturing chain have started to send samples of 7.85-inch iPads to Apple for verification, prior to production, which would start possibly in Q3 2012. DigiTimes’ sources say that this new, smaller iPad could retail for approximately $249-$299. At the same time, the sources say, Apple will also release an 8GB iPad 2 for $349-$399, and also drop the price of the 16GB iPad 2 to $449. As AppleInsider notes, rumours of a “mini†iPad have been rife for some time, and started to sound a little more authentic last month with a story in The Wall Street Journal that said that Apple was readying an 8-inch iPad. All of this iPad activity from Apple is at the same time as the company is readying to launch the iPad 3 on March 7.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Source: Apple rumored to begin production of 7.85" iPad in third quarter of 2012[/FONT]

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Hmm..... Interesting if true. Steve Jobss... Dislike of the 7 inch form factor was well documented. Odd.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

A.K

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't find 7 inch tabs interesting. Not big enough for a tablet. If portability is the main issue a size like galaxy note 5.3 is better. 7 inch is neither here nor there

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, I love the screen size but I suppose that not everyone agreed with Steve jobs and with no disrespect to him, Tim is in charge now and maybe he feels the time is right to make a smaller one for people to afford to buy one. I can see that this size would appeal to some of my family so why not?

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

seikooc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't see it. One of the main appeals of the iPad, to me that is, is to have something bigger for decent video viewing and game playing. A smaller tablet would be playing away from the iPads strengths.... Better focusing on making something great even better....

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh, well, we will soon know, won't we? I love the speculation, it all adds to the drama of a presentation. Reminds me of Steve Jobs and will definitely be a mixed emotions day. It will be the first time we will see Tim in full flow without the sadness.

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's hard to predict. Of ourselves they will sell some but can it be a mega seller or even stiff competition for fire and nook tab?
I really don't think I want a device that size UNLESS. It has cellular capabilities. Then they got me.
A big fat iPhone , maybe. It's prolly an inch + to big for phone status and definitely small for tablet status. Why don't they just listen to Steve.

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Excuse me above...meant to write Of course they will sell ...

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
freebirdforever said:
Hmm..... Interesting if true. Steve Jobss... Dislike of the 7 inch form factor was well documented. Odd.

Well he is not here to object lmao!!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Well he is not here to object lmao!!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

I don't find that funny in any way. Apple claims to follow in Steves footsteps. They obviously would not be doing that if they produced a 7 inch tablet. Anyways...

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd be interested in a 7.85 ipad. I think that would be great to have when traveling.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So would I! In the paper here today they say it may have a 20cm screen and sell for under $300.00. Quote by DigiTimes.

Most reactions

Latest posts