What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Said to be Holding iPad 3 and iOS 5.1 Event in Early February

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
iPad_2_launch.JPG

AppleInsider reports today that according to Japanese blog Macotakara, Apple is planning to hold a special event in early February to announce not just the iPad 3, but also iOS 5.1. This would fit in very nicely with the most recent report from Bloomberg that stated that Apple would be launching the iPad 3 in March. Macotakara says that it obtained this information from both an Asian supplier and a US source. AppleInsider notes that last year the iPad 2 was announced at a media even on March 2, and launched nine days later on March 11, but if today’s story is true it would seem that this year Apple prefers to have a longer lead in after the initial announcement before the iPad 3 goes on sale. This could be because of the delay in production caused by the earlier-than-usual Chinese New Year celebrations, which run from Jan 23 through to Jan 28, and during which time the factories will be shut down.

Source: AppleInsider | Rumor: Apple to hold 'iPad 3' & iOS 5.1 event in early February

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for answering my question. I was just thinking when 5.1 will roll out.

Sent from my Tricked Out Glittery Verizon Black 32GB iPhone 4 using iPF

tazz3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i wonder if apple will add any sd card slots to the ipad 3. there are many other tablets that have sd slots to increase the storage. can waiteiwill own oneday one for sure

Papayafields

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tazz3 said:
i wonder if apple will add any sd card slots to the ipad 3. there are many other tablets that have sd slots to increase the storage. can waiteiwill own oneday one for sure

Knowing apple, unless its an official apple storage card that only fits on mac products, costs 80+ dollars and the slot to put it in is weird so you cant use any other card, it wont happen anytime soon. XD

Sent from my iPad using iPF

om87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hopefully! And hopefully they will introduce the iPad 2 at a lower price as well. I just recently read that tablet sales are projected to increase by 5 times till 2015 and Apple better offers something for those of us who are on a budget (like I am)

wasee_shaikh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maura said:
AppleInsider reports today that according to Japanese blog Macotakara, Apple is planning to hold a special event in early February to announce not just the iPad 3, but also iOS 5.1. This would fit in very nicely with the most recent report from Bloomberg that stated that Apple would be launching the iPad 3 in March. Macotakara says that it obtained this information from both an Asian supplier and a US source. AppleInsider notes that last year the iPad 2 was announced at a media even on March 2, and launched nine days later on March 11, but if today’s story is true it would seem that this year Apple prefers to have a longer lead in after the initial announcement before the iPad 3 goes on sale. This could be because of the delay in production caused by the earlier-than-usual Chinese New Year celebrations, which run from Jan 23 through to Jan 28, and during which time the factories will be shut down.

Source: AppleInsider | Rumor: Apple to hold 'iPad 3' & iOS 5.1 event in early February

Totally fake !

always genuine..

Bill6044

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new to the Apple world. It is awsome, with sleek devices and smooth os, apps, etc.

BUT!! We have to do things their way or else!

As I'm learning with iPad2, iTunes is the only way to acquire and store music. (I have to buy it all over again.) So, the concept of inserting an SD card with already owned media and using on the iPad is out of character. Maybe the new guy will lighten up and allow a little freedom.

:)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bill6044 said:
I am new to the Apple world. It is awsome, with sleek devices and smooth os, apps, etc.

BUT!! We have to do things their way or else!

As I'm learning with iPad2, iTunes is the only way to acquire and store music. (I have to buy it all over again.) So, the concept of inserting an SD card with already owned media and using on the iPad is out of character. Maybe the new guy will lighten up and allow a little freedom.

:)

Why do you need to buy your music again? I ripped all my CD's into iTunes and load whatever I want onto my iPad.

The Archangel

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Same here! Most of my music is from my CD collection. No need to buy again! Looking forward to iPad 3. I will wait a few months before I make a move on it!

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts