What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Releases iTunes 11

NakedFaerie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jwt873 said:
I'm lost here and NOT very happy.. I liked the old version as clumsy as it was.. I used to be able to see things like a graph showing the iPad memory useage, but that seems to be gone now. The only options I seem to have is to view one thing at a time.. Music, Movies, Books, Apps, Home Sharing and the iTunes store.... And that's it..

I think with Steve Jobs gone, Apple is starting to lose direction.

Apple lost the plot years ago, its just really showing its flaws now. Before it hid them and removed things one at a time and did it quietly to not cause such a big deal. Now they do it all at once.

If you backed it up before you updated to 11 you just copy the files back and go back to 10 by uninstalling 11 and reinstalling 10.
I always have a backup for things like this when they are needed.

It looks like my iPhone 4 will be staying on IOS5.1.1 and iTunes will be staying on 10 as both updates are crap and make things worse.

Devynquinn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maura said:
It’s finally here, yippee! Yes, as AppleInsider writes, an as most of you have probably already found out, Apple has today released iTunes 11 to the public. The update is really much more than an update, representing a complete overhaul of iTunes. The main features include a new, edge-to-edge design, custom designs for each album, movie or TV show in your library; a new store, which Apple says is a more “clean” look; the ability to play your purchases from within iCloud, including your music, movies and TV shows; the new “Up Next” feature, where you can see which songs are coming next; a new MiniPlayer, which now includes album art, and is generally smaller and more elegant, according to Apple; improved search, making it easier to find what you’re after in iTunes; and playback syncing, where iCloud will remember where you are in a movie or TV show, whether you are using your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Apple TV.

Source: Apple releases redesigned iTunes 11 with iCloud integration for Mac, Windows

I hate iTunes 11 and put mine back to the previous version. Thank heaven for backup files.

tony misercola

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple still has a lot to learn about file backup from Microsoft. The process of getting files on your iPad, phone etc is so painstaking as compared to MS windows explorer's process of copying and pasting. I just don't understand why Apple doesn't see this. I consider myself pretty knowledgeable with software applications, but the process of syncing just blows me away, especially when you can very easily lose all your files on your "I whatever" by syncing - when you have moved or deleted files from your computer since your last sync. Tooooo complicated!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
tony misercola said:
Apple still has a lot to learn about file backup from Microsoft. The process of getting files on your iPad, phone etc is so painstaking as compared to MS windows explorer's process of copying and pasting. I just don't understand why Apple doesn't see this. I consider myself pretty knowledgeable with software applications, but the process of syncing just blows me away, especially when you can very easily lose all your files on your "I whatever" by syncing - when you have moved or deleted files from your computer since your last sync. Tooooo complicated!

It comes with the territory, I'm afraid. Apple's approach has its benefits, and I understand how someone coming from Windows would find that it takes some getting used to. The syncing issue, to be fair, is not limited to Apple. Any removal of synced info will upset the sync, no matter the OS.

It takes a concerted effort to move oneself off the file-centric mindset, and replace it with an app-centric one. I'm not fully there yet, but I'm working on it.

Copy and paste is available, by the way. Info can be copied from any app, and pasted into another that is compatible. Text can be copied from a website and pasted into an email, or Pages. A photograph can be copied and pasted into an email, etc.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

NakedFaerie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
buerkletucson said:
Losing iTunes DJ and cover flow is a major loss......what are they thinking? :eek:

That's what I've been saying. They don't really think the smart way, they have their heads in their own little world and it doesn't matter what the customer wants they do it their way only.
Updates are supposed to add features and remove bugs not the other way around.

NakedFaerie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I posted more with that link but the text didn't come through.

It's not just me hating iTunes, its just about everyone that's not a apple fanboy. Even the newspapers hate iTunes 11.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, rumor has it that Steve Jobs hated iTunes too, so you're in good company.

The user interface may be disappointing. Don't know. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but apparently, it's a total rewrite from the ground up, so if its more stable on my PC than 10.7, I'll be satisfied. Right now, I only have to cough while the thing is booting up and it crashes. I hope 11 works better.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I posted more with that link but the text didn't come through.

It's not just me hating iTunes, its just about everyone that's not a apple fanboy. Even the newspapers hate iTunes 11.

The link you posted says nothing about the new iTunes..it's just built up hate from previous versions....it's useless in regards to iTunes 11 unless you just intend to show that there have been lots of haters of iTunes. We already knew that.

NakedFaerie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
The link you posted says nothing about the new iTunes..it's just built up hate from previous versions....it's useless in regards to iTunes 11 unless you just intend to show that there have been lots of haters of iTunes. We already knew that.

Dd you read all of it? It's talking about iTunes from start to iTunes 11 and how it's changed for the worse.

MODERATOR NOTICE: Removed unnecessary and disrespectful comments!

Last edited by a moderator:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Dd you read all of it? It's talking about iTunes from start to iTunes 11 and how it's changed for the worse.

I read the entire article. Frankly, it's not a well written article at all and the author has a weak understanding of technical matters. Its really just a rant written to appeal to haters of iTunes, and for that purpose it's working just great. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

samch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iTunes 11 just freezes when you try to play movies of any kind ,uninstalled and reinstalled by didn't help :(

Most reactions

Latest posts