What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Releases iTunes 11

Norsky48

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I found through your guidance that once you're in Get Info, one of the tabs is Options. Once on that tab, you can select Media Kind. Just select Movies and you're done! Yahoo...

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you simply listen to others and don't test things for yourself, then who knows what one is letting dictate their thoughts and opinions. I will decide for myself.

I was kinda surprised to find an editor's choice for the new iTunes, given all the comments from people.

Apple iTunes 11 Review & Rating | PCMag.com

I figure each user decides for himself, so it doesn't matter to me if a reviewer loves firmware, software, a restaurant, a movie, etc.

For tech, I look at reviews for landmines and things I might want or not, and I've yet to read anything that iTunes 11 offers that I need.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I figure each user decides for himself, so it doesn't matter to me if a reviewer loves firmware, software, a restaurant, a movie, etc.

For tech, I look at reviews for landmines and things I might want or not, and I've yet to read anything that iTunes 11 offers that I need.

I figure that not all users decide for themselves, some, if not many, listen to what others say, and just follow along.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I figure that not all users decide for themselves, some, if not many, listen to what others say, and just follow along.

Following along is a decision, too, lol.

I think a lot of people don't care that much.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Following along is a decision, too, lol.

I think a lot of people don't care that much.

I agree with that. Still, I find many users express hatred of iTunes and then as soon as it gets changed up, the moan about the changes. Users are a flickle bunch. At least this new version doesn't lock up for me. Yet!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with that. Still, I find many users express hatred of iTunes and then as soon as it gets changed up, the moan about the changes. Users are a flickle bunch. At least this new version doesn't lock up for me. Yet!

I think users usually like things that work easily and consistently, and if iTunes has a bad rep, it's been earned. Consumers value their time, so if you've burned them before, it's not surprising that they might not be eager to cut slack and might not be willing to invest more time to explore a new version.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think users usually like things that work easily and consistently, and if iTunes has a bad rep, it's been earned. Consumers value their time, so if you've burned them before, it's not surprising that they might not be eager to cut slack and might not be willing to invest more time to explore a new version.

Agreed, burn me once, shame on you. Burn me twice.....ain't gonna happen! :)

Wingennis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
I was kinda surprised to find an editor's choice for the new iTunes, given all the comments from people.

Apple iTunes 11 Review & Rating | PCMag.com

I have observed that the majority of comments come from people that are dissatisfied only because satisfied consumers rarely feel the need to report it. We really only hear the one side.

I like iTunes 11 as far as it goes. I have used iTunes since the beginning and like how it has simplified how I buy, store and use my music. In return, I have to accept the software for what it is and that it isn't right for everyone. I do feel for those who are "stuck" with it.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have observed that the majority of comments come from people that are dissatisfied only because satisfied consumers rarely feel the need to report it. We really only hear the one side.

I like iTunes 11 as far as it goes. I have used iTunes since the beginning and like how it has simplified how I buy, store and use my music. In return, I have to accept the software for what it is and that it isn't right for everyone. I do feel for those who are "stuck" with it.

This is a good point. I was one of those who was unsatisfied...and so far, I feel satisfied. That may change, though. :)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wingennis said:

This is quite true and so far not that many complaints here as there could be if it was truly awful. There will always be circumstances were a download doesn't work for some and does work for others......I'm guessing a cheque for a gazillion dollars goes to someone who can ensure that this never happens!!

The Archangel

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've never been a fan of iTunes. I find it cumbersome but I have no choice but to use it to sync my iDevices.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Been using iTunes 11 quite a bit since install and see zero operational issues.
Miss a couple of dropped features but all in all it's running pretty darn well.

Once installed and setup it runs pretty fast and smooth.....of course I can't say I had a ton of complaints with previous versions either.
Look at all the products and media it must support.
Still much better than the Android world I came from.

So far a happy camper here. :thumbs:

Just food for thought....

The bandwagon effect is a well documented form of groupthink in behavioral science and has many applications. The general rule is that conduct or beliefs spread among people, as fads and trends clearly do, with "the probability of any individual adopting it increasing with the proportion who have already done so".[1] As more people come to believe in something, others also "hop on the bandwagon" regardless of the underlying evidence. The tendency to follow the actions or beliefs of others can occur because individuals directly prefer to conform, or because individuals derive information from others.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
buerkletucson said:
Been using iTunes 11 quite a bit since install and see zero operational issues.
Miss a couple of dropped features but all in all it's running pretty darn well.

Once installed and setup it runs pretty fast and smooth.....of course I can't say I had a ton of complaints with previous versions either.
Look at all the products and media it must support.
Still much better than the Android world I came from.

So far a happy camper here. :thumbs:

Just food for thought....

Finally someone who agrees with me. Cover flow is the only thing I miss

Sent from my fantastically, wonderful iPhone using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts