What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple posts iPad guided tours

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess I'm at odds with Apples designe guide of "they should not control file structure". Again I hope I allows the creation of sub-catagories.

Lol... a thought to developers running around here... "Spine View" pack everything together in a vertical strip format.

iDaryl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Awesome idea!!

I guess I'm at odds with Apples designe guide of "they should not control file structure". Again I hope I allows the creation of sub-catagories.

Lol... a thought to developers running around here... "Spine View" pack everything together in a vertical strip format.

I'm a developer and I'd be very surprised (and disappointed) if this has not already been done. You should be able to touch the spine and have the book flip to the cover view. Or at least something similar to the album view on the iPod...

Ideas like this are why I'm on this forum. Thanks! :)

iWags

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the Post...just watched them all. Good Stuff!

I have not seen any "APPS" being demo'ed. Still keeping my fingers crossed that all my iPhone APPS are going to work.

HX_Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I remember reading somewhere that you can either view it as a bookshelf or you can view it by categories and sub-categories, and apparently very detailed.

JLStrange

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So easy a cave man can do it!

After watching all the videos, a couple of observations I think. On mail they said you can have your own mail folders whereas 'my iPhone only has Inbox, Sent and Trash. I can't seem to add a "Save" folder. I dont save a lot of things but I'm trying to minimize the use of my PC.

I noticed on iWorks Pages you can export in Word format but iWorks Numbers doesn't export in Excel. Minor item I think but just noted it.

Also no reference to printing so looks like either download documents to PC or use an app. I'm hoping HP will offer something similar to the iPhone Photo app they offer.

Looking forward to reading reviews next week and to getting my 64GB/3G in a month. I did notice that when it was being held it was suspicously steady, like supported from behind ;)

HX_Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did notice that when it was being held it was suspicously steady, like supported from behind ;)

I think this is going to be the biggest obstacle for people to overcome...how you hold this thing.

We are used to keyboards on a desk or laptops on a desk or our lap, with the screen holding itself up, so you can type with one hand and maybe hold a coffee with the other, or the phone, or whatever. The iPad requires both hands at all times it seems. We'll have to see how it works in real life situations.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So easy a cave man can do it!

I noticed on iWorks Pages you can export in Word format but iWorks Numbers doesn't export in Excel. Minor item I think but just noted it.

;)

FYI Numbers

You can open Microsoft Excel files in Numbers or save your Numbers spreadsheets as Excel files. With powerful graphics and formatting tools, it’s easy to make Excel spreadsheets look great in Numbers. You can also export your Numbers spreadsheets as PDF files. Numbers lets you import documents in other common formats as well, including Open Financial Exchange files from Quicken, files from bank or credit card providers, comma-separated-value or tab-delimited files, vCards, and more.

HX_Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where did you get that info? Sounds great, was just wondering though because on Apple's site, it says:

Apple - iPad - Innovative spreadsheets in just a few taps.

Works well with others.

Numbers on iPad lets you open spreadsheets created using iWork or Microsoft Office. So if someone emails you a Numbers or Excel file, you can easily import it into Numbers for iPad. To share your work, export your spreadsheet as a Numbers file for Mac or PDF document, then email it to anyone. You can also upload it to iWork.com public beta so anyone on a Mac or PC can view your spreadsheet.

living2345

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oh yes, great to see that you can adjust the brightness so easily in ibooks

buyrihn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oddly they won't play on chrome....is apple doing something to make sure certain features won't play on chrome?

I have the same issue! I hear it, but can't see it. I always have to fire up Safari or Firefox to view it. Wonder why?

Most reactions

Latest posts