What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Launches iPhoto for iOS

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]
iPhoto.JPG

During today’s new iPad launch, Apple also announced and demoed iPhoto for iPad and iPhone, plus major updates for iMovie and GarageBand, thus completing its iLife suite of apps for iOS. iPhoto includes breakthrough Multi-Touch features, which mean that you can use simple gestures to sort through hundreds of photos, as well as enhancing and retouching your images using fingertip brushes. The app is designed to take full advantage of the new iPad’s Retina display as well as that of the iPhone, and will give the user full control over colour, exposure and contrast, whereby you simply touch the parts of the image that you want to change. As well as posting photos to Facebook, Flickr and Twitter, you will also be able to beam photos between your iPhone and iPad, and stream photos and slideshows to your Apple TV with AirPlay, and use iCloud to publish photo journals on the web and share with your friends and family. [/FONT]

“With the introduction of iPhoto, we’ve brought the entire suite of iLife apps to iOS and users are going to love it,†said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. “Whether brushing an effect onto a photo, shooting a movie trailer or jamming with friends to record a song, iPhoto, iMovie and GarageBand let you make amazing creations on iPad and iPhone.â€

[FONT=&amp]iPhoto is available to download now from the App Store for $4.99 (although it’s not actually there yet, hence no link, but it should be any minute now!).[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Source: Apple[/FONT]

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tried it out and it displays EXIF data of images. An unexpected bonus.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it's going to be a must have app. Anyway, I must.

I'm following right behind you twerppoet! You and gabriel1 told me about Skitch, which has been very helpful here. You both are my "app-shop" advisors!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Wellll, ok. Thought I'm buying purely on the 'probable' utility of it. If I were a cautious man I'd wait untill at least one in depth review was out; but's iPadmas (stollen from Kelly of TUAW), and I need some presents to open. ;)

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks good to me too. Still haven't got Skitch, but I'm getting it as soon as I get home. I need to do some serious clearing out of my 16GB, and I'll need access to my computer to do it.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well that is interesting. When I purchased iPhoto from the App Store it did not do it's usual go-back-to-homescreen thing. Might have been a glitch, since I had to agree to new terms; or maybe not. It would certainly make shopping for multiple apps more pleasant in the future.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's good news Twerppoet. I always found it annoying when it went to the home screen. So you have done the update already?

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I agree that it is good news about not going back to the home screen after a purchase. I have changed my mind a number of times when purchasing multiple apps because of getting kicked out of the store. It would be nice to cue up a few apps, because sometimes I forget what I'm shopping for.
For me, it would be nice to change the order of the update downloads. Most of the time I pick and choose which ones to update during waking hours. Each one takes me back to the screen where the app's icon lives. Some updates have to wait until I get to a high speed connection.

Sent from my iPad using iPF - Peace

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hold in mind it was a one time thing. I have no idea if it is a new feature. There certainly hasn't been any news about it (that I've seen). It happened, It may never happen again.

lcohn27

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you will be able to create photobooks, or print the journals? I am looking for the ability to create the printed photobooks.

Most reactions

Latest posts