What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple knows where we are and wants to use it.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sign into iTunes today and get the prompt to agree to the new TOS? Didja see this dandy little clause?

To provide location-based services on Apple products, Apple and our partners and licensees may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your Apple computer or device. This location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by Apple and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services. For example, we may share geographic location with application providers when you opt in to their location services.

Hmmmmm....and no opt-out, either. Whatcha wanna bet those impending iAds are about to get....personal...?

Last edited:

Star56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Earlier today a black helicopter with an Apple symbol hovered over my house.

They know where we are.

OP
F

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
C'mon, everyone knows that the Apple copters are unmarked.

Tin Foil hat doffed: It's more annoying than sinister. Apple and those who buy iAds are going to be able to directly target certain consumers in certain areas. And I don't for a second believe that personally identifiable info can't be gleaned from the location service data obtained from an iPad through black-hat methods.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't read the ads regardless, so it doesn't matter to me anyhow. I'm not going to read the ad whether it is personalized or not. As a matter of fact I'll be looking forward to the jailbreak app that disables that craptastic nonsense.

It's supposed to theoretically lower the cost of apps by providing a revenue to the app maker, but people are greedy and I'd bet a paycheck that it is going to do no such thing. Apps will still be 6-7 or more for games, have ads that slow it down, and nothing will change except that you will have to look at annoying ads.

Most reactions