What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple.imap.yahoo.com not responding

Marleejansen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had my Yahoo mail account setup and working on my ipad2.

It suddenly stopped working.

I have searched online discussions and have done the following that others have suggested...

Rebooted iPad
Deleted yahoo account and added it back
Turned off mail in Yahoo settings, then stopped the mail app (double tapped home button, held mail icon and then clicked minus symbol when it started wobbling), the restarted mail, closed it again, enabled mail in settings, t
Hen restarted mail again.

the only thing I haven't tried is resetting the iPad. That's not a solution. I don't want to have to setup everything else again just to make yahoo work.

Anyone have any ideas, other than resetting my ipad and abandoning yahoo mail for gmail?

OP
M

Marleejansen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
So you have held down the home button and the power button until the Apple Logo appears?

no. Isn't that a reset?

I'm not interested instating from scratch on this iPad.

OP
M

Marleejansen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
It will not erase anything on your iPad, don't worry. Try it! At least lets start there.:)

Tried it. Still getting the "not responding" error

OP
M

Marleejansen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Marlee ~ I have Yahoo mail and I don't use the app ~ I just added it to the iPad and there it is.

Do you need the app?

Not sure what app you're talking about... I'm getting the error when trying to use Mail.

Most reactions

Latest posts