What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple ID Problem

robert1305

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem since JB.

Everything works OK....... except when I try to buy anything and it asks for my Apple ID.....It shows in the message box as my user name being Edited by Moderator - I'm guessing that whoever that email belongs to she wouldn't appreciate it being posted on the internet, there is no such email address, so I can not login.

My wife has an iPad but her email is different to the one shown. hers is not JBd

Could the problem have occurred when I sync her iPad on my laptop which I also used to sync my I pad.?

Even tho my ipad is JB is it OK to sync with itunes?

Regards Bob

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
First off, yes, it's perfectly fine to use the App Store with a jail broken iPad.

With your issue, try going to the App Store and sign out (the button will be at the bottom left of the Purchased page. Then, sign in again with your AppleID and password.

It may have just gotten a hitch in it. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you are presented with someone else's details after installing an app on your device, this indicates that you have copied their app and that it does not belong to you. The Apple ID the App is authorised to is embedded into the app itself as a security feature when it is downloaded. I am not suggesting piracy here, but if you sync other peoples devices to your PC, such as your wifes, then your apps WILL get mixed up and if you install apps that she has purchased onto your device, you MUST have her Apple ID and Password to use the app. This is never in my knowledge a "glitch" (in other words you NEVER get someone else's Apps downloaded to your PC that you don't know or is completely unrelated to you, but you may have lots of people apps on your PC if they are all legitimate users of that PC).

Also note that an Apple ID does not need to be a CURRENT active email address. It must have been active at some point in the past when the ID was first created, but lots of folks are saddled with old Apple ID's which no longer represent an active email. For this reason you can assign any number of real email addresses to your Apple ID as it is not possible to change the actual Apple ID itself. What you do need to know is the password associated with the ID presented.

Hope that clarifies.

Last edited:
OP
robert1305

robert1305

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info, much appreciated, problem now solved. I synced my iPad in itunes and everything seems to be OK now, dont exactly know how.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
robert1305 said:
Thanks for all the info, much appreciated, problem now solved. I synced my iPad in itunes and everything seems to be OK now, dont exactly know how.

You are very welcome. Glad you got it fixed, even if you don't know how! :D

Most reactions