What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple ID gone and I can't use the iPad at all.. HELP!!!

geeknahalf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this, but I am in serious need of help.. The Apple ID email account for my wife's iPad2 has been deleted and is not coming back, period. Now the sign into iCloud screen keeps popping up constantly and I can't enter in the password because the account no longer exists. Signing out of that account is not an option for two reasons.. 1) It doesn't accept the password because the account no longer exists. 2) Because I rest the settings on the device thinking it would be set to factory defaults... not!!
Now the internet doesn't work either and I can;t set that either because the damn iCloud screen keeps popping up constantly.
What can I do? My wife is looking at my PC and has a hammer.... ;-)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The Apple ID exists on Apple's servers. Even if you delete it from the iPad, it still exists. Whatever problems you are having you should, eventually, be able to get the iPad to reconnect to it.

The first thing's to try are Restarting and/or Reseting the iPad. This should help with any persistent popups, at least long enough for you to get things back to normal. I'll paste the instructions for that below.

Once you've got access to the Settings app, go to iCloud settings. If there is no account signed in, sign in with your wife's Apple ID. If there is, try signing out, and then sign back in with her Apple ID.

You should also go to the the iTunes and App Store setting to do the same.

Good luck.

------------------------------
The Usual Fixes
------------------------------

When you have problems with an app it's a good idea to clear it from RAM.

Close/Clear the app:

iOS 6: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app.

iOS 7: Double tap the Home button to get the multitasking display. Swipe up on the problem app's thumbnail image (not the icon).

If that does not work try a restart,

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends you restart the iPad at least once a month.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

Reset All Settings: Another, somewhat more drastic thing you can do is Reset All Settings. You'll find this under Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. It won't erase any of your content, apps, or accounts; but you will have to go through most of your other settings and re-tweak them back to your liking. Do not confuse this with Erase All Content and Settings.

More detailed information at: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3281?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

OP
G

geeknahalf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried all of the above, but because the email is no longer valid none of it worked. It still asks me for the Apple ID password...

Any other suggestions?? I really need to get this going for her, she is going through with drawls.. :(

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There's something I'm missing here.

What caused this Apple ID to disappear never to come back? Apple does not randomly delete accounts. Removing an account from the iPad does not delete it. You pretty much have to go to Apple and ask them to delete the account, or it hangs around forever.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you reset all settings you have to put in the wifi again. The password, security type and username of the wifi.

Also, maybe you just logged out, or you just typed in the worng password/email.

OP
G

geeknahalf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The domain the email belonged to was shutdown and I have no way of recreating it. We have since created a new apple ID but we can not get the iPad to release the old so we can enter in the new. It continuously wants the old email that is no longer valid.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The domain the email belonged to was shutdown and I have no way of recreating it. We have since created a new apple ID but we can not get the iPad to release the old so we can enter in the new. It continuously wants the old email that is no longer valid.

Try making a full restore.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

As far as your Apple ID is concerned it does not matter if the email still works. It's just a string of characters that means you. It will affect your ability to receive alerts or reset links from Apple but not your ability to log in.

As long as your Apple ID user name was not a @mac.com, @me.com, or @icloud.com address, you should be able to change it and keep the old account.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5621

If you really want to create and use a new Apple ID, your best bet is to restore the iPad. If it's as locked up as you say, then you may have to enter recover mode, or DFU mode. Both of these require a computer running the current version of iTunes. You could can use these modes to recover your old Apple ID, after changing the Apple ID and email address.

Hold in mind that if you do go with a completely new Apple ID you are going to lose any iTunes content you've already purchased. All iTunes, iBooks, and App Store content is tied to your Apple ID, which is why Apple does not delete them lightly.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808

If you happen to live near an Apple Store, you could make a genius appointment. Tell them what the problem is and they should walk you through whatever steps you need to recover your Apple ID. You may need the security questions you set up originally, or your recovery code if you set up 2-step verification.

OP
G

geeknahalf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried the Erase All Content and Settings... it asks me for the password again.. Plus I can't configure the network settings because I can't get the sign in to iCloud screen to stop coming up.. Is this something I will have to take it to the apple store for?

Chadcrockett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had to sign out of my Apple ID account on each device and sign in using my iCloud email for my Apple ID which is not my Apple ID. Go figure. after that all worked as before. Before that I did I search for accounts associated with my name and email, that turned up no account associated with my name or email address. But since I signed in with my iCloud email all has been running smoothly.

Most reactions

Latest posts