What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Announces Radically Different iOS 7 Design

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]
12622-ios-7-launch.JPG

Apple has just announced iOS 7 during the keynote speech to herald the beginning of WWDC in San Francisco today. Presenting the new iOS, the first one to be designed by Sir Jony Ive, Apple CEO Tim Cook said it was “the biggest change to iOS since the iPhone.†Which is an understatement! Just has been expected, the keynote revealed that the new iOS is indeed very different to what went before, looking much flatter. As AppleInsider reports, pretty much everything about the interface has been changed, including new typography, all new icons, and a very bright colour scheme. Among the new features on display is the parallax feature, which sees the wallpaper moving around as you move your iPhone in your hand, so that you can see behind the icons. All of the built-in apps have been completely redesigned with new looks, from Messages to Calendar and beyond. Also of note is the new Weather app, which Apple engineering chief Craig Federighi demonstrated, showing the dynamic weather effects appear in the background (just like on Android!) A new gesture has also been introduced to make it easier to control your phone with one hand, whereby you can swipe from the left of the screen to go back. Folders have also been made bigger to include more apps and multiple pages. So what does everyone think of the new look?[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Source:[/FONT] Apple WWDC 2013 liveblog!
Apple reveals overhauled iOS 7 with flatter, more colorful design

techguru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is this going to be put into a video podcast for us all to watch on our ios devices?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw the images on the Engadget live feed and I have to say that I really like the look of it, can't wait for the autumn to come!

The Archangel

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm cautiously optimistic. I always liked the way iOS worked as is but I'm a creature of habit so anything unfamiliar gets me in a little tizzy. I get over it though. As long as it works smoothly and reliably, I'm on board. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts