What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Announces iOS 7 Now Installed on 78% of Active Apple Devices

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
iOS_7_adoption.PNG

Apple has today released figures that show that iOS 7 has now been adopted by 78% of active iPad, iPhone and iPod touch devices, a rise of 4% from the start of December.

AppleInsider reports that these latest figures from Apple cover the seven days leading up to December 29th, 2013. Apple's figures also show that with the increase in iOS 7 adoption, iOS 6 use fell to 18% from 22% at the beginning of the month. Earlier versions of iOS remain static at 4%.

As AppleInsider notes, the new figures show just how quickly iOS 7 has been adopted, despite initially meeting with some criticism when it was launched back in September with a completely revamped interface, whereby the iconic skeuomorphic design was replaced by a much flatter look. Some of us might not have liked it at the time, but we've certainly got used to it quickly enough!

In contrast, AppleInsider points out, only 1.1% of Android devices are running the latest Android software, Android 4.4 “KitKat.â€

Source: iOS 7 now installed on 78% of active Apple handheld devices

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Now if apple can just get the bugs out and the performance back to what we all expect from iOS.

It is really sad that only 1.1% of Android devices are running 4.4, though. That's why I only get the Nexus devices.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Now if apple can just get the bugs out and the performance back to what we all expect from iOS. It is really sad that only 1.1% of Android devices are running 4.4, though. That's why I only get the Nexus devices.

They really do have to get iOS 7 sorted a little better. It feels rushed and even though I haven't had many problems with it I can tell it's not a finished product.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
They really do have to get iOS 7 sorted a little better. It feels rushed and even though I haven't had many problems with it I can tell it's not a finished product.

Agreed.

I hope iOS 7.1 will offer more features and make iOS 7, complete.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I love the latest and greatest updates. ;)

Sent from my Black 64GB Fifth Generation iPod touch using iPF

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Hmm. I'm one of the 22% that never bothered - sounds like I can hold off a bit longer.

Most reactions