What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple account blunder.

Mrankaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I've purchased my 1st ipad
Now when I first turned it on I stupidly set up a new apple account when I already have an iTunes account I've been using for my iPhone for the last year,
I have since been told I should have just plugged it into my pc and connected it up to my iTunes account and it would have taken care of everything for me.

Unfortunatly now when I go in to the app store using my ipad to purchase a new app it asks me for my new account password which has no $ in credit so I can't get any apps worth money.

Basically I'm hoping there's an easy way to delete my new apple account and run everything of my original iTunes account that I've been using for the last year.

Any help would be very much appreciated :)

beavery

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Open up 'AppStore' on your iPad. Click on the 'featured' tab. Scroll all the way down to where your email address is, and click on it. You then should be able to sign out.

Then after the app refreshes you should be able to go to the same spot, click and log in with existing account. Just make sure you use the old one :)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you haven't got much that is different on your iPad from what is on your iPhone I would consider restoring your iPad and setting it up from your other iTunes account.

The Archangel

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Then, when you're all done, either with resetting your iPad to the old iTunes account/Apple ID or by signing out, then signing in: Just forget you ever had that new Apple ID. It'll stay out there forever, but as long as you don't use it, neither you or Apple will care that it exists.

Just for reassurance...

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Open up 'AppStore' on your iPad. Click on the 'featured' tab. Scroll all the way down to where your email address is, and click on it. You then should be able to sign out.

Then after the app refreshes you should be able to go to the same spot, click and log in with existing account. Just make sure you use the old one :)

You'll need to do this separately with each of the iStore apps: iBooks, App Store, iTunes, and now iTunes U.

OP
M

Mrankaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank for the tips guys,

I logged out of the app store & iTunes which was fine but when I tried to log back in with my original user name & Pw it wouldn't let me,
Instead it gave me three options
1- use existing apple ID
2- create apple ID
3- cancel
Same goes for iTunes.

I don't mind resetting my iPad just not really shore how
do I click on - reset all settings
Or erase all content and settings?

And once I do should I then plug it in to my original iTunes account to set it back up again?

Thanks again:eek:

Most reactions