What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App updates

cbbob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
T shows that I have an app update. When i go to update my son's id is there instead of mine. How can i change that, and can it be done on the iPad?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In the App Store, choose the Featured tab. Scroll to the bottom of the screen where you should see your son's Apple ID. Tap on it and chose Sign out.

Once it finishes, tap it again, choose to sign in with an existing account (or some similar wording) and enter your own Apple ID and password.

If your son has been purchasing apps on your iPad, you will need his Apple ID to update them. Same process. Or delete them and buy them again with your own ID, if the prices isn't' a big factor.

Last edited:

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it prompting for a password for your son's ID after you tell it to update? if so, just get your son's password, or have him enter it and it will update the app. The iPad will ask for the password for any apps on the device that aren't owned by the account currently logged in to the App Store. You only need to logout of the App Store if it's currently signed in as your son (in which case if it were an app owned by your ID, it would ask for your password instead)

OP
C

cbbob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. It's ok now

Most reactions

Latest posts