What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/3LohMKi 🎁

APP to make Phone calls?

Not that I owe anyone an explanation about my screen name, but...

1) I have never been to a Corvette "meet" and don't see any reason to start now.
2) I don't consider myself to be part of the Corvette "scene". I am not a member of any car clubs.
3) I don't own one single piece of Corvette clothing, not even a T-shirt.
4) This is the only Corvette I have ever owned. I probably won't buy another one.
5) It is not a "garage queen". I drive it every day, even (gasp!) in the rain. I don't drive it in the winter. I have a Jeep Cherokee for that. For the life of me, I can't understand why people would spend so much on a car just to let it sit and only drive occasionally. I think that this is because most people who buy a Corvette can not actually afford to own one. If they drive it, sooner or later something will break and Corvette parts are really expensive!
And last but not least...
6) The people that need to know about my personal life already know about it.
Q: How do you spot someone with a "look at me and I'm so cool" complex?
A: They post a link to their personal profile in their signature block and assume that everyone else will be as interested in it as you!
 
Not that I owe anyone an explanation about my screen name, but...

But you are going to tell us anyway. I guess my "look at me" comment hit closer to home than you really want to admit, even to yourself. ;-)

And last but not least...
6) The people that need to know about my personal life already know about it.
Q: How do you spot someone with a "look at me and I'm so cool" complex?
A: They post a link to their personal profile in their signature block and assume that everyone else will be as interested in it as you!

Well it worked, you clicked on the link. ;-)

What? Your not interested in me? Damn, guess I'll have to go out and buy a corvette and use it as my username everywhere so people will think I'm cool.
 
Last edited:
I owned 3 different vette's over the course of 20+ years. I've never met a bigger bunch of "Look at me! Look at me!" people in my life. I found roughly 10% of the owners own the car for the car, and the other 90% own it for the attention. As bad as other car clubs / communities can be with the egos, there is a reason why every single other automobile community laughs at the Vette owners.

Sounds like the same complex the Honda S2000 owners have... :p

Piko
 
How about.....

Q: How do you spot someone with a "look at me, I've got a Vette and I'm so cool" complex?

A: They use it as their username everywhere online including non corvette forums. ;-)

I'd disagree with that. For one, I think most people use the same username everywhere as it's easier to keep track (odds are they use the same passwords as well).

For another, you'd have to be aware of Corvette-speak to get the reference. I always thought his username meant he had an awd 911.

Of course, seeing as I use a picture of my car as my avatar, you've likely decided I'll burn in hell already, so what do I know.
 
Last edited:
This has got to be a record! I only joined a week ago and already get to add someone to my ignore list!
 
How about.....

Q: How do you spot someone with a "look at me, I've got a Vette and I'm so cool" complex?

A: They use it as their username everywhere online including non corvette forums. ;-)

I'd disagree with that. For one, I think most people use the same username everywhere as it's easier to keep track (odds are they use the same passwords as well).

For another, you'd have to be aware of Corvette-speak to get the reference. I always thought his username meant he had an awd 911.

Of course, seeing as I use a picture of my car as my avatar, you've likely decided I'll burn in hell already, so what do I know.
Haha, I agree. I keep the same user name across all forums. I use the 3 instead of "e" because the first time I registered on a forum Matthew was taken, so now even if it's not taken I keep it.

I also agree with the person that says his username is no more or less "look at me" than the guy with a picture of himself as his avatar and an entire website dedicated to himself. Nothing wrong with that, but no different than someone with a username about a car.
 
I owned 3 different vette's over the course of 20+ years. I've never met a bigger bunch of "Look at me! Look at me!" people in my life. I found roughly 10% of the owners own the car for the car, and the other 90% own it for the attention. As bad as other car clubs / communities can be with the egos, there is a reason why every single other automobile community laughs at the Vette owners.

So if Vette owners are so terrible, why did you buy three?

Really, dude, you seem to be going out of your way picking a fight on this one and subsequent posts. Are you just spoiling for a fight?

And no, I'm not in the frame of mind to get involved with any debates with you beyond the extent of what I posted here. I'm on here to learn about my iPad and talk with other users about their ideas and problems, not create arguments about other people's hobbies or political affiliations.

Really, life is too short to constantly try to have issue with others. There's enough conflict in real life day to day. Definitely don't need it bleeding over to forums.
 
I owned 3 different vette's over the course of 20+ years. I've never met a bigger bunch of "Look at me! Look at me!" people in my life. I found roughly 10% of the owners own the car for the car, and the other 90% own it for the attention. As bad as other car clubs / communities can be with the egos, there is a reason why every single other automobile community laughs at the Vette owners.

Sounds like the same complex the Honda S2000 owners have... :p

Piko

OK, now they do deserve the abuse they get. j/k :D
 
i owned 3 different vette's over the course of 20+ years. I've never met a bigger bunch of "look at me! Look at me!" people in my life. I found roughly 10% of the owners own the car for the car, and the other 90% own it for the attention. As bad as other car clubs / communities can be with the egos, there is a reason why every single other automobile community laughs at the vette owners.

so if vette owners are so terrible, why did you buy three?

Really, dude, you seem to be going out of your way picking a fight on this one and subsequent posts. Are you just spoiling for a fight?

And no, i'm not in the frame of mind to get involved with any debates with you beyond the extent of what i posted here. I'm on here to learn about my ipad and talk with other users about their ideas and problems, not create arguments about other people's hobbies or political affiliations.

Really, life is too short to constantly try to have issue with others. There's enough conflict in real life day to day. Definitely don't need it bleeding over to forums.
+1

...
 
Well he isn't going to get a fight from me. Jeez, its just an Internet forum! I wonder if he'd get his panties in such a wad if I had chosen a username like 1999 Jeep Cherokee or 1998 Toyota Sienna or John Deere GT235??? I guess I will never know since he is on my ignore list!

Oh, and back on topic... I just installed the Whistle Phone app on my iPad but have yet to try it out. From what I read on the forums, it is the shiznit!
 
Haha, I agree. I keep the same user name across all forums. I use the 3 instead of "e" because the first time I registered on a forum Matthew was taken, so now even if it's not taken I keep it.

Yes, but using your name everywhere is not the same as using what type of car you drive. ;-)

I also agree with the person that says his username is no more or less "look at me" than the guy with a picture of himself as his avatar and an entire website dedicated to himself. Nothing wrong with that, but no different than someone with a username about a car.

An entire website? Nope, It's called a Google profile. Everyone who has any type of Google related account has one. Watch out, the clue bus is about to run you over. ;-)
 

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back
Top