What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

app that fakes a hard disk folder structure

omro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Is there an app which fakes a virtual hard disk on the iPad allowing you to put files into a file system with folders?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Yes, there are a ton of them.
one of the wall known ones is called Air Share.

it lets you load files on the iphone/ipad via wifi.
There are also a lot of free apps like Discover that do the same.

OP
O

omro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, there are a ton of them.
one of the wall known ones is called Air Share.

it lets you load files on the iphone/ipad via wifi.
There are also a lot of free apps like Discover that do the same.

Any recommendations?

Habry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you want to get work done, or just read docs?

AirSharing HD & Files HD are great—I've used AS since it debuted on the iPhone—but they're document viewers only.

If you need to do real work & to organize it in a nested-doc/folder hierarchy (as in a desktop OS), try Quickoffice Connect Mobile Suite. It's Word- & Excel-compatible and uses a folder structure that displays in columns, just like in Column View in an OS X Finder window. (If you're a Windows user, sorry—I don't know how modern versions of Windows display files. But I'll bet this is plenty similar.)

It's weird to have to keep your office work trapped inside an app, but until Apple opens up the iPad's file structure to the user, everything's sandboxed mercilessly.

Quickoffice is $9.99, for a while, in the App Store. So far it's the only app I've found which allows me to organize my work in the iPad the way I'm used to after years of PC use. Since I'm using the iPad as a laptop replacement, it's something of a relief.

volure

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPhone Explorer lets you use your iOS Device's Hard disk. Browse it and Upload or Download files from it.

Most reactions

Latest posts