What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App store issue since jail breaking

.batman.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I jailbroke my iPad with absinthe but when I go in the app store and select top charts I am getting the prices in $ like its the us store.

When in app store and select categories I get the prices in £ like I am in the uk store

How do I fix this

Ty

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I've researched this for you.

Here’s how:
  1. Go to Settings on your iPhone.
  2. Go to Store (to access App Store settings).
  3. Click on your Apple ID at the bottom of the settings.
  4. Click sign out.
  5. Click sign in.
  6. Click use existing Apple ID.
  7. Enter your credentials.
  8. You may be alerted that your account is only valid for purchases in a particular regional iTunes Store (in my case, United States). If you are alerted, click OK.

Outside Source:
The Outside Source xD

Natykm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Silly question? Pls no laughing ;) lol but What is jail break? Am fairly New with iPhone so don't know much about it.....

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Silly question? Pls no laughing ;) lol but What is jail break? Am fairly New with iPhone so don't know much about it.....
Don't worry it's not a silly question. "Jail Breaking" is a process your iDevice undergo when you remove limitations that Apple has imposed, such as extending the range of your wi-fi or maybe adding features to your keyboard or putting a random theme for your iPad and such, etc.

Natykm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AllenSalar said:
Don't worry it's not a silly question. "Jail Breaking" is a process your iDevice undergo when you remove limitations that Apple has imposed, such as extending the range of your wi-fi or maybe adding features to your keyboard or putting a random theme for your iPad and such, etc.

Oh ok thank you :)

Natykm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AllenSalar said:
Your welcome. Checking that thread out is very handy too.

Omg yes it was very informative now I understand 95% of what jail breaking is.

funny my first thought was is this illegal i was even afraid to ask b4 today, one of the first things said on the website no it's NOT illegal lol

I might try it, put wondering does this apply to iPhones too?

I just changed my phone the pervious one was defected n I went threw a long process in restoring my contacts apps photos etc in the new phone....... At the end of 3 long hrs everything on my new phone was just like the old even my personal setting so that was great!!! yet not to sure if I want to go threw that again, is jail breaking really that worth it??? It sounds amazing though especially bc I have unlimited data put whenever I have to update my work app (over50...) I need to be connected to my MiFi n well that data is NOT unlimited lol......

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Natykm said:
Omg yes it was very informative now I understand 95% of what jail breaking is.

funny my first thought was is this illegal i was even afraid to ask b4 today, one of the first things said on the website no it's NOT illegal lol

I might try it, put wondering does this apply to iPhones too?

I just changed my phone the pervious one was defected n I went threw a long process in restoring my contacts apps photos etc in the new phone....... At the end of 3 long hrs everything on my new phone was just like the old even my personal setting so that was great!!! yet not to sure if I want to go threw that again, is jail breaking really that worth it??? It sounds amazing though especially bc I have unlimited data put whenever I have to update my work app (over50...) I need to be connected to my MiFi n well that data is NOT unlimited lol......

It sounds like you'll be pleased to know that Jailbreaking applies to iPhones too......and guess what, we have a sister forum which can provide you with all the information that you need http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-jailbreaking-17/

The Archangel

Most reactions