What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AppStore disappeared after jailbreaking

fuzzychicken

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello folks,

Since I jailbroke my iPad in the morning using Absinthe 2.0.4, I have been searching web for ability to install apps from Apple Store as App Store icon has disappeared from my iPad. I read that I should be able to install these apps, but the question is how, esp. in absence of App Store app.

Any help is appreciated.

(PS - except downloading the app in iTunes and installing using something like i-Funbox.)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you checked your restrictions in Settings to see if you've accidentally turned off the ability to buy apps at the App Store? The icon will disappear if the restrictions are on.

Or, could you have accidentally made the app disappear by using a tweak on it (such as SBSettings, Poof or Springtomize2?

I ask these questions because a jail break does not remove stock icons. And, with a jail broken iPad, you should be able to access the App Store as easily as if you were stock.

Have you run a search in Spotlight to see if it shows up (it may be somewhere else on the iPad than where you think.

Marilyn

OP
F

fuzzychicken

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are a star, you nailed it :)

I had disabled app installation to avoid DS doing some stuff. I enabled that now and it re-appeared. Good to know.

Thanks.

stinger17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
how to get app store back from springtomize

for people with springtomize 2, go to capabilites, and either turn it off, or just turn app store on. thanks though i never would have thought it was springtomize that was messeing it up

Most reactions

Latest posts