What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App Store broken

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Featured, Charts, and Search Store display only blank screens. Genius, Purchased, and Updates seem to work normally, if a bit sluggishly. This just started this morning. IOS6 on iPad3. I've already tried manually closing all open apps and shut down/restart...twice. Ideas?

P.S. - iTunes on my iMac no longer mounts the on-the-charger iPad over wifi on launch. It will connect with the cable, though.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

Last edited:
OP
LannyC

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I solved the problem, with a full restore. Ugh. FWIW, the restore did NOT return my iPad to the state of the backup I'd made just prior. Four of the newest apps were missing, and had to be downloaded again from the App Store, and several I'd deleted returned from the (un)dead. It appears all my settings survived intact, though, which is more important.

patsy1000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LannyC said:
I solved the problem, with a full restore. Ugh. FWIW, the restore did NOT return my iPad to the state of the backup I'd made just prior. Four of the newest apps were missing, and had to be downloaded again from the App Store, and several I'd deleted returned from the (un)dead. It appears all my settings survived intact, though, which is more important.

I'm having the same problem today, what do you mean by full restore? If that would help me get App Store back what do I need to do. Had a look through my settings but I was scared in case I deleted or reset something I shouldn't. Thanks, pat

OP
LannyC

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Patsy, connect your iPad to your computer with the cable. Open iTunes, and click on your iPad in the left column. Do a Sync to back everything up. On the Summary screen, there's a button labeled Restore, which will wipe the ipad clean, then reinstall iOS6 and all your apps/data from the backup you just made. It may take up to a couple of hours, depending on how much stuff it has to copy.

patsy1000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LannyC said:
Patsy, connect your iPad to your computer with the cable. Open iTunes, and click on your iPad in the left column. Do a Sync to back everything up. On the Summary screen, there's a button labeled Restore, which will wipe the ipad clean, then reinstall iOS6 and all your apps/data from the backup you just made. It may take up to a couple of hours, depending on how much stuff it has to copy.

Thanks very much, only issue is that my laptop may not take a backup due to space I think, can you back up,to external hard drive? Then sorry but im prob not as technically savvy as some, where do you go to reinstall ios6?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
patsy1000 said:
Thanks very much, only issue is that my laptop may not take a backup due to space I think, can you back up,to external hard drive? Then sorry but im prob not as technically savvy as some, where do you go to reinstall ios6?

You could move some of the content on your computer to the external hard drive to free up space, then backup your iPad.

Cutiepie1984

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have noticed that when I click on either iTunes or App Store it keeps coming cant connect can anyone tell me has something changed and if somwhy

patsy1000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
You could move some of the content on your computer to the external hard drive to free up space, then backup your iPad.

It fixed after a friend suggested I went to my settings, general then restore and restored my settings. Initially I lost my wifi on It at home but later it asked me for my wifi password which I guess had reset so once that went in all started working good again.

Most reactions

Latest posts