What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App Store

davey123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This just recently started happening. When I click on the "App Store" my screen is blank (i.e., white) under the "Featured" and the "Charts" tab. However, the Genius", "Purchased", and "Updates" tabs look normal (i.e., all the apps are visible on the screen). Is anyone else experiencing this problem? And, does someone have a suggestion on how I might fix this problem?

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Hello. Haven't experienced this myself but I've read about it.
There's a post in Apple Support Communities that addresses a variation of your problem and offers a remedy that worked for the poster.
Let us know if it helps you.

AA

Re: App Store on iPad showing blank page
Oct 5, 2012 9:40 AM

Ok, today, I have managed to regain the App Store! So for those who are having this issue, this is what
I did.

closed down All running applications on iPad
Turned off iPad
Connected to iTunes
Backed up iPad ( again ) to computer rather than iCloud ( the first time I restored I did so from iCloud)
Synced and restored iPad from computer

After restoration App Store came back. I'm not entirely sure which part of this process did the trip as I had previously tried restoring and it didn't work, as I mentioned the thing in did differently this time was back up from my comp instead of iCloud.

Anyway, App Store has now returned and working again. I hope this helps any others who have this issue.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
D

davey123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
Hello. Haven't experienced this myself but I've read about it.
There's a post in Apple Support Communities that addresses a variation of your problem and offers a remedy that worked for the poster.
Let us know if it helps you.

AA

Re: App Store on iPad showing blank page
Oct 5, 2012 9:40 AM

Ok, today, I have managed to regain the App Store! So for those who are having this issue, this is what
I did.

closed down All running applications on iPad
Turned off iPad
Connected to iTunes
Backed up iPad ( again ) to computer rather than iCloud ( the first time I restored I did so from iCloud)
Synced and restored iPad from computer

After restoration App Store came back. I'm not entirely sure which part of this process did the trip as I had previously tried restoring and it didn't work, as I mentioned the thing in did differently this time was back up from my comp instead of iCloud.

Anyway, App Store has now returned and working again. I hope this helps any others who have this issue.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Thanks. I tried all of these steps, but it was to no avail. I let my iPad sit idle the whole day, and then I picked it up and noticed that the App Store is fully loading again. Go figure!

patsy1000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
davey123 said:
This just recently started happening. When I click on the "App Store" my screen is blank (i.e., white) under the "Featured" and the "Charts" tab. However, the Genius", "Purchased", and "Updates" tabs look normal (i.e., all the apps are visible on the screen). Is anyone else experiencing this problem? And, does someone have a suggestion on how I might fix this problem?

Yes I'm having the same problem today. I don't backup iPad to my computer as its on its last legs and think t could crash if I did. I have tried turning off ipad and back on again to no avail and closed down everything. I'll try some of your steps or just sit tight and hope it clears, very annoying as have just bought iPad magazine and keen to load some cool apps it recommends.

Most reactions

Latest posts