What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App Store App required for keyboard to work right?

LAC_STS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Apple Keyboard and it messes up sometimes. Sometimes I will be typing and the onscreen keyboard will come out then in then back out again and so on.

When it is out or even sometimes when it is not the Apple accessory keyboard doesn't work. its really a PITA.

Well today I was typing and once again it started acting up. But then A message popped up on my Ipad.

It said "An app is required for this accessory to work correctly. Would you like to down load the app now?" (Or something like that)

I hit yes and it closed out Safari and opened the App Store, but when it opened it there was nothing there. It just brought me to an app Store page that had nothing on it.

Does anyone else experience problems with they're keyboard? And is there really an app for it?

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bluetooth or docking keyboard? At the moment, I can't imagine what the problem is, but I've never used a keyboard and iPad together.

Cool computer, by the way.

OP
L

LAC_STS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its the Keyboard with built in dock that Apple sells.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've used the Bluetooth Apple keyboard with ZERO problems. But I notice a mention of your iPad being Jailbroke, I would not be surprised to find that is the source of your problem.

And, No, I did not have to get an app for the keyboard.

OP
L

LAC_STS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've used the Bluetooth Apple keyboard with ZERO problems. But I notice a mention of your iPad being Jailbroke, I would not be surprised to find that is the source of your problem.

It's been doing it ever since I got it even before I jailbroke it. It just annoys me more now cause I have been using the keyboard more often lately.

I am very curious what the app message was about.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score

It's been doing it ever since I got it even before I jailbroke it. It just annoys me more now cause I have been using the keyboard more often lately.

I am very curious what the app message was about.

Yea, that would drive me nuts too...

Most reactions

Latest posts