What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App icons are grayed out and "waiting"

debsylvania

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd downloaded the "app shopper" app, and noticed last night that it was indicating a number (22 to be exact) of my apps had updates available.

I tried to update from the app shopper app but was unsuccessful and was prompted to do the updates from my PC and iTunes and then to sync the iPad2.

I just tried that and now have a bunch of icons on my iPad2 that are complete gray with the label "waiting..." below them. I can't even tell which app is which because the icons are solid gray.

A few of the apps did update, at least I assume they did because they are working.

I tried "rebooting" the iPad2, but the status of these apps didn't change.

Has anyone had this happen? Any suggestions for me?

Many thanks!

Deb

P.S. I don't know if this is relevant, but my iPad2 is the 64 gb wifi version. I have wifi access at home (which is when I was using it and saw the app shopper indicator about the updates). I'm at the office now, though, and don't have wifi access. However, I am able to access iTunes and sync my iPad2. I doubt the absence of a wifi connection would cause these icons to go gray, but I guess anything's possible.

Last edited:

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is possible that the apps are waiting for one app to finish. They do go one by one and you can not tell which one is next. 22 apps are a lot!

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
It seems like you are stuck in between. I dont go by Appshopper for updates. I only use it for Wish List and Price Change. What happens when you open App Store on the iPad and hit Updates? Does it come back with a list?

Last edited:
OP
D

debsylvania

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is possible that the apps are waiting for one app to finish. They do go one by one and you can not tell which one is next. 22 apps are a lot!

Ahh, I see. Ok, I will let it "ride" and see if it resolves. Yes, it is a lot, and now that I know how to check for updates, I'll try not to let them pile up so high.

Thanks for the help!

OP
D

debsylvania

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seems like you are stuck in between. I dont go by Appshopper for updates. I only use it for Wish List and Price Change. What happens when you open App Store on the iPad and hit Updates? Does it come back with a list?

I can't try this til I go home from work today. But I will certainly try it then.

Most reactions

Latest posts