What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disappearing app

mcshoe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This morning, I pressed "Update All" as the App Store was prompting me to update a few apps. Unfortunately, I had to power down to leave before the updates were completed. When I powered up my computer at school, one of my apps - iAnnotate - had a dark icon and was unresponsive. I went to the App Store and hit "Update All" again, but it finished the other app updates. My iAnnotate icon had disappeared then, so I went to the "Purchased" section of the App Store and it indicated that iAnnotate was still on my computer. I hit "Open," but nothing happened. I even did the general search on my computer and nothing came up when I typed "iAnnotate." The final step was to check my iCloud back-up settings in the Settings App, which still indicates that iAnnotate is being backed up.

As a relative newbie to the Apple world, I'm hoping there is some trick to get iAnnotate to re-appear on my computer. Unfortunately, I have a HUGE test tomorrow and all of my notes are organized on that program. Can anyone help?! Thank you in advance!

P.S. I also tried to power down and back up, but still no iAnnotate.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

If you didn't delete the app, it should still be on your iPad.
However, if something on your iPad isn't working as it should, try the usual fixes:

Restart your iPad (I guess you have already done that, but it's still worth trying.). Before turning it on again, wait for a few minutes.

Reset your iPad: press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears.

Usually I also would suggest "force close all apps". I don't think it would help with your issue.

OP
M

mcshoe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

If you didn't delete the app, it should still be on your iPad.
However, if something on your iPad isn't working as it should, try the usual fixes:

Restart your iPad (I guess you have already done that, but it's still worth trying.). Before turning it on again, wait for a few minutes.

Reset your iPad: press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears.

Usually I also would suggest "force close all apps". I don't think it would help with your issue.

J.A.,

Thank you for the message. I tried the simple restart a few more times (and waited several minutes each time), but to no avail. I also attempted the reset by pressing the Home & Power buttons simultaneously (I tried it twice, actually), but am having no luck with that, either. Thank you for the suggestions, though!

OP
M

mcshoe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that. How do I check?

I do know that I went to Settings>General>Reset and was asked for a restrictions password (which is not the same as my normal passcode). As a result, I couldn't find a way to reset my restrictions passcode.

OP
M

mcshoe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
J.A.,

My iAnnotate JUST reappeared on my desktop screen. Thank you Very much for your help, though, and have a wonderful day!

Most reactions