What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App Waiting...can not be removed!

Greenrooster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dropbox got an update a couple of days ago and the app has been seating on the screen, grayed out, with waiting... for 3 days. I have deleted the app from iTunes, reset my iPad and updated to the new firmware 5.0.1 and it will not go away. Does anyone know how to stop it from waiting so I can delete it and re-download it? Help!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
G

Greenrooster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I forgot to say that I have had many other updates and they have all gone through just fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had this happen about six months ago and eventually had to restore back to factory settings and reload everything.

I tried everything I could think of, and then called Apple tech support, which put me through the identical steps and then suggested I restore to factory settings, which I'd been trying to avoid.

I tried restarting, resetting, clicking off the apps on iTunes on PC and resynching my iPad, and I can't remember what else. Nothing worked, and in at least one case I ended up with an app installed twice (one still grayed out and waiting, and the other fully functioning) on my iPad. PITA. Left without options, I restored to factory settings.

And like you, I had dozens of other apps that updated without problems.

OP
G

Greenrooster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had this happen about six months ago and eventually had to restore back to factory settings and reload everything.

I tried everything I could think of, and then called Apple tech support, which put me through the identical steps and then suggested I restore to factory settings, which I'd been trying to avoid.

I tried restarting, resetting, clicking off the apps on iTunes on PC and resynching my iPad, and I can't remember what else. Nothing worked, and in at least one case I ended up with an app installed twice (one still grayed out and waiting, and the other fully functioning) on my iPad. PITA. Left without options, I restored to factory settings.

And like you, I had dozens of other apps that updated without problems.

I don't know why but yesterday a message came up saying the app could not be updated and the app came alive again. So, I deleted it and re-downloaded it and it went through fast and easy. It sat there waiting...for 3 days. I don't know if it's Apple or the app company that caused the problem.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know why but yesterday a message came up saying the app could not be updated and the app came alive again. So, I deleted it and re-downloaded it and it went through fast and easy. It sat there waiting...for 3 days. I don't know if it's Apple or the app company that caused the problem.

Glad to hear that.

Most reactions