What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App I didn't purchase

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I jus got a email of a iTunes receipt for $2.99 for talking can.....which is a free app for son that we have had a while.....not sure if it's a update or what and not even sure how he could have purchased it because I hadn't bought anythng all day so it would have required a password. I tired clicking on purchase historynin the email and it won't connect to iTunes through the email or even through the iTunes app. Email says 430pm today..can I cancel it? And how can I get to purchase history? I've tried resetting the iPad but it's weird cause all the running apps are still running on start up

pluto6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Open iTunes - on the right are quick links - click on Account. Sign in, and on the account page - click on Purchase History. You should then see a page with all your account activity. You can easily see if you purchased the app, or if it was free and you just updated it.

If you made a purchase by mistake, at the bottom of the page is a button to "report a problem". Click this, and you will see the Report a Problem by each app purchase for the day. Click on this, and you will go to a box where you have a drop down box (I inadvertantly purchased this), or whatever - and then space for comments. Store will get back to you within a day or so - they are prompt and polite. I have only requested a few refunds, but never had an issue getting the money refunded.

OP
accordlayingkit

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pluto6 said:
Open iTunes - on the right are quick links - click on Account. Sign in, and on the account page - click on Purchase History. You should then see a page with all your account activity. You can easily see if you purchased the app, or if it was free and you just updated it.

If you made a purchase by mistake, at the bottom of the page is a button to "report a problem". Click this, and you will see the Report a Problem by each app purchase for the day. Click on this, and you will go to a box where you have a drop down box (I inadvertantly purchased this), or whatever - and then space for comments. Store will get back to you within a day or so - they are prompt and polite. I have only requested a few refunds, but never had an issue getting the money refunded.

Open the iTunes in browser or the app? Because I don't see anything like quick links on the right side

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I see that Talking Can has an in-app purchase you can make for $2.99. Chances are your son purchased it while playing with the app. I think it is an upgrade.

Normally any purchase should ask for your iTunes account password before allowing it, but if you entered the account password less than 15 minutes earlier it would not have asked again.

The 15 minute timeout is a common complaint from parents who find new and interesting things on their iPads after children have played with them.

That, or you son knows your iTunes password.

Anyway, Apple has been know to refund purchase mistakes made by kids.

There was an article today about a parent that got surprised by a $200 + bill from Smurf related in-app purchases. Those little blue devils appear to like green too. Apple refunded it, after how much trouble and investigation I don't know. I doubt it is anywhere in their policy, so no guarantees, but it won't hurt to ask.

OP
accordlayingkit

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Naw he's only 2 1/2 smart enough to swipe to unlock and find the games but no alphabet yet haha

pluto6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pluto6 said:

Open the iTunes in browser or the app? Because I don't see anything like quick links on the right side

iTunes program on your desktop. NOT on your iDevice. You have very limited abilities for account information in the iTunes app for the iDevice... You don't need to have your device connected. If you don't see account quick link - hit the HOME icon up top. Then look at the middle top right - you should see quicklinks...

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
pluto6 said:

You need to do this on your main computer within iTunes not on the iPad

OP
accordlayingkit

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Also on the computer iTunes. If you click on your account name "[email protected]" in the upper right corner you get a small menu. One of the items will take you to your account log on.

Cool thanks! Ill give it a try in a few.....have to jump start my POS dell laptop that's like 8 years old! Hate it so.much! Guess I kinda jus use it for the router as I only have 2 laptops and no desktop! I just use my phone and ipad...oh and router Haha

Most reactions

Latest posts