What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

app has seriously dammaged safari

rtcfrtc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I down loaded an app that I thought would be very helpful to me called "instapaper". In the installation process, my Safari menu bar flashed and then turned from its normal grey with black type to black with grey type. The app itself did not appear to install and I deleted it. Along with the discoloration, now I am not able to remain signed into (at least) facebook and NYTimes and must sign in for each visit. I have written to the developer but have not heard back.

I have shut down, restarted several times. I really really REALLY don't want to return to factory settings. I have a large amount of bookmarks saved for research I am doing (which is what led me to purchase this app - at the cost of $5!!).

Does anyone have any next step suggestions for me?
thanks

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rtcfrtc said:
I down loaded an app that I thought would be very helpful to me called "instapaper". In the installation process, my Safari menu bar flashed and then turned from its normal grey with black type to black with grey type. The app itself did not appear to install and I deleted it. Along with the discoloration, now I am not able to remain signed into (at least) facebook and NYTimes and must sign in for each visit. I have written to the developer but have not heard back.

I have shut down, restarted several times. I really really REALLY don't want to return to factory settings. I have a large amount of bookmarks saved for research I am doing (which is what led me to purchase this app - at the cost of $5!!).

Does anyone have any next step suggestions for me?
thanks

Check your safari settings in the iPad. Is private browsing enabled? If so uncheck it. Private browsing will not retain any session info like cookies, passwords, etc.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just to add, instapaper doesn't normally do that. It is a perfectly good app used my millions of folks (it's been one of the great success stories). I would certainly say give it another shot. It's likely to just have been a one time glitch.

"readability" is the other big popular player in that space now that you might want to look at too!

Most reactions

Latest posts