What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

app for password protected photos/video (not from camera roll) - Ipad3 help.

Ltcartman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all Toolman here. Just got my ipad3 64gb wifi yesterday and I need some help

First things first. This thing rocks. I was holding out on getting one until it got the retina display (spoilt with my iPhone 4).

Unfortunately there's a different video experience on the iPad as to the iPhone 4. I have loads of tv series that on the iPhone behave as follows.
Upon opening the video app I see 3 sub headings in text.
Say

fringe
smallville
southpark.

Upon opening say "south park" I then see the south park episodes in order inside. However on the iPad video app the same 3 series come up as follows. Just 3 video thumbnails with no text under them to say what series they are.

i need help with the following. Due to being a photographer i will be carrying around a lot of promo stuff with me (some of which (fashion shoots) is not for my 5 year olds eyes) - yet he will be using it for playing games / learning stuff.

so I need the following

An app that either does the following

Lets me password protect pictures / videos THAT ARE NOT IN THE CAMERA ROLL (as a lot of the apps I looked at only let you put camera roll photos / videos)

Or an app that can run in a password protected folder that lets me store non camera roll pictures / video in it securely

thanks in advance

Toolman

OP
L

Ltcartman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi air pirate thanks for the qiock reply - checked that out and closed i could find is "private photo vault" - is this the one you recommended? -

any ideas on a similar one for videos

thanks

tolman

writerranger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just search the app store from your iPad using 'private' as the only word and you'll be amazed how many apps there are for what you're wanting to do with photos and videos. Some are only password-protected without real encryption. But, there are some that use AES encryption - use the word "encryption" (or "encrypt") by itself and several photo apps will be shown.

Most reactions

Latest posts