What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera Roll is broken after ios7 update

lewh3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,

A friend of mine recently updated his ipad 3 to iOS7 but since then his camera roll has stopped working.

When he takes pictures the image appears to go to the camera roll on the bottom right of the camera screen but when you follow it to look at the camera roll it isn't there.

In the 'about' section under general settings it says he has 67 photos however the camera roll only shows the same 5 photos. I tried taking photos and checking the 'about' figure but it stays at 67.

In the diagnostics section it says there has been a 'camera crash' - not that I can make sense of the data inside the heading!

He says he has reset the ipad and restored but still no joy.

I would be grateful for any suggestions!

Thanks, Lewis

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

Look at the storage on the iPad. Is there enough of it?
Because restoring didn't help: backup the device. Then erase all content and settings (Settings - General - Reset) and set it up as new.

The usual fixes are also worth a try:
Restart it: turn off, wait for a few minutes, turn on again.
Reset it: press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears.
Force close apps: double tap Home button to reveal multitask bar. Drag thumbnails above app icons towards the top of the screen.

If this won't help, it also could be a hardware issue. In this case take it to the next Apple Store.

OP
L

lewh3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestion!

I may have found a solution online, it looks like the folder '100apple' folder is the problem and other sources suggest deleting it and ios7 will recreate after a reset.

Does this sounds reliable?

Thanks

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've seen this also, as well as users telling that they don't find it. So I can't tell you whether or not it's reliable.

Most reactions