What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loading video from digital camera to Ipad3

ripnbst

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I am having quite a struggle with the Ipad 3 and loading video to it from my digital video camera. All the help videos I have seen the users plug the SD card into the camera kit converter and then the window pops up showing the videos. Mine does all of this only when the screen pops up, no videos. All it says is "No photos found" or something to that effect...

Any help? Do I need some sort of special app for the Ipad 3 to recognize the videos? I saw posts on converting my videos but that looks like most are geared towards movies and switching them from a PC to my Ipad 3. Am I going to have to go through all this just to get the videos loaded from my video camera to my Ipad 3? Say it ain't so.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. If this same question has been answered 100 times already and you have a link to a post with good info, please post up.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What format are the videos recorded in? I'm thinking it will only recognize compatible formats. Pictures are uniform across cameras generally, but each brand of video camera likes to apply its own quirky format.

OP
R

ripnbst

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I figured it out and that is what I have to do dhewson77. The camera(Samsung HMX-W300) will save in either MPEG AVC or H.264 and I need to set it for H.264 since that is one that apple advertises on their website as being compatible. It didn't mention MPEG AVC and I am guessing that is how it is currently set. I have to check when I get home.

Thanks for your help.

Most reactions

Latest posts