What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App for Notes which can be searched alphabetically

ochssee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I have been looking for an app for Notes which can be searched allphabetically. Can't find one. Notemaster is an exception, but the space you have to write in is about as large as an iPhone, which defeats the purpose of having an iPad. Anyone out there who's found an app which allows an alphabetical search? Thanks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Evernote has some good search capabilities, and will sync with a computer version for even more flexibility. Or you can get to the website from any browser.

Louise3601

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I have been looking for an app for Notes which can be searched allphabetically. Can't find one. Notemaster is an exception, but the space you have to write in is about as large as an iPhone, which defeats the purpose of having an iPad. Anyone out there who's found an app which allows an alphabetical search? Thanks.

There is apparently no way to alphabetize notes. Makes you wonder if anyone at Apple uses Apple programs. Surely SOMEONE in the company would have thought of this by now. Either they are ALL complete dolts or they are using programs that are not from Apple.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Or they don't take notes with titles that it makes sense to alphabetize. I rarely do. That takes planning, habits, and/or a very limited kind of note taking. Especially when Notes doesn't even have titles, just first lines.

For simple jot down a quick note users it's a pretty good app. That is all it was meant to be.

If Notes were your only option, I'd sympathize more; but there are literally hundreds of note taking apps in the App Store, many of them free. This is part of the power power behind iOS and the iPad: A huge App Store. Apple does not need to supply the best app for every single person.

I like Evernote. It is meant to be a do-almost-anything note app. It will alphabetize your notes if you want. But it also has some very powerful search and tagging tools that make alphabetizing unimportant for most use cases. It's even better if you pay for the premium service, but it's still pretty darn good for free.

Dive into the App Store. Find the app that does exactly what you want.

Saad Ahmed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An app which create and edit the documents like...
Document Writer
Office ToGo
myOffice
Document Maker & lots of apps

Most reactions

Latest posts