What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App Download Statistics

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Some pretty cool info here.

Looks like for the iPad, games, productivity and books are highlights.
attachment.php

Interestingly, books are the number one category for all iPhone OS.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 234426-allipad.jpg
    234426-allipad.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 4,071
  • 234426-alliphone.jpg
    234426-alliphone.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 3,689

john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
very cool! However, there are 3 kinds of lies, and one of those kinds of lies falls under the 'statistics' category. ;)

It's all in how you look at it. I'd guess that many of the games were free and may not be used daily, where as the productivity apps are used more frequently and people paid for them. However, that's just a guess. I truly see the iPad as a useful addition to my day and I can certainly see how it would be used as a productivity tool.

However, with statistics like those I'm sure it will get branded as a kids game toy... oh well.

Regards,

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
More games are sold than anything else for PC, but it is not considered a toy. Fact is you only buy 1 or 2 word processors. Games are a never ending fix.

Games are huge and a never ending revenue stream for developers. If there were no games, there would be little need to buy software/apps after an initial setting up of a computer or iPhone/iPad.....etc

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
More games are sold than anything else for PC, but it is not considered a toy. Fact is you only buy 1 or 2 word processors. Games are a never ending fix.

Games are huge and a never ending revenue stream for developers. If there were no games, there would be little need to buy software/apps after an initial setting up of a computer or iPhone/iPad.....etc

I agree totally, I've bought Apple's productivity suite and a couple other higher priced productivity apps, but to be honest, I've spent much more on games. As you say, they are never ending. And the best is yet to come as far as iPad goes. Plus I buy different ones for different family members, while productivity apps are only for myself.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts