What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App anger

lennywc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was going thru the ipad app store and was surfing the most popular heading and discovered hundreds of angry reviews on 3 apps made by apple . The apps are keynote , pages and numbers. They are presentation , word processing and spread sheet. The reviews were incredibly angry and many demanded their money back . Many said they were disgusted with apple and they had no business making apps that were toys and passing them off as real productivity apps. You really have to go read these reviews. My anger with apple is that they did not give us a file browser. What the hell is so bad about allowing us to explore and edit our filing system? Apple continues to advertise that the iPad is something new and magical ( their words). We all know it is just a big itouch no more than that. They really are being dishonest. Apple is is starting to see it's loyal fans revolting. I predict that the iPad will become a a product that they wish they could bring back and design over again.
The hardware is great. They should not have used the iPhone firmware. It needs it's own grown up os. It just does not make sense to use such a restrictive system, a system that is also the itouch's.
I know that a firmware update is in the works, perhaps this firmware update will be a significant and extensive update one that will end these limitations.
I do love my iPad, just needs a grown ups os.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
To most people that buy an iPad, the fact that it DOES NOT have windows or OSX is one of the main selling points. Read the news today and you will Learn the MS Courier and HP Slate are both canceled. Why? They realize they need a real mobile OS.

There have been Windows tablets for 10 years, the future is not more of the same....

Orcapal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please don't add (much) to the OS. It's a snappy little device with a tiny little CPU. Put OSX or Vista on and it becomes a paperweight.

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lenny you are forgetting this is a first gen unit. The new os coming in the fall will a dress some issues. I have iWork for my iPad and I'm quite pleased with it. I also have WinAdmin and connect seamlessly to my Windows Term Server in my office as if I were sitting at my desk from anywhere. Apple did the right thing with this magical device and will only make it better. The browsing experience is faster on my iPad than my Mac is. I am glad I bought on launch day.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am always amazed how so many people do not get it. They expect an iPad to be a Mac replacement. Not going to happen.

OP
L

lennywc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brhon,
what do you say to the hundreds of apple iPad owners who believe that apple screwed up by limiting the iPad as they did? They can not import .xls and ppt ( excel and power point files) into the apps, keynote and numbers. They are rip roaring mad! They feel if iPad were really MAGICAL as apple describes it , it should be able to do such a mundane thing as importing these files. Let's face it , a magical device should be able to do the conventional as well as the wondrous.
I am happy (well my only real complaint is no access to file system) with my iPad, because I use it for entertainment. People with more specialized , business and vocational uses are the ones having the difficulties and are less than happy.

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brhon,
what do you say to the hundreds of apple iPad owners who believe that apple screwed up by limiting the iPad as they did? They can not import .xls and ppt ( excel and power point files) into the apps, keynote and numbers. They are rip roaring mad! They feel if iPad were really MAGICAL as apple describes it , it should be able to do such a mundane thing as importing these files. Let's face it , a magical device should be able to do the conventional as well as the wondrous.
I am happy (well my only real complaint is no access to file system) with my iPad, because I use it for entertainment. People with more specialized , business and vocational uses are the ones having the difficulties and are less than happy.

Lenny,

I use keynote and have not had any issues importing ppt files. I use my iPad for one on one client presentations. I have not needed to import excel files yet. Compare iWork to Office price and you will find an incredible value for the money. I think in some cases people have unrealistic expectations of the iPad. I am on the road a lot for work and the ability to connect to my server at work allows me to do all of the MS stuff. I really don't expect a product like iWork to be completely compatible with Office. It has worked for my needs. I use iWork on my Mac and the only issues I run into are a few missing fonts. In the end the product is magical for me and my use, but I understand not all will like it. Maybe we will see an Office product for the Ipad. As far as the file system is concerned I agree that could be better, but I have faith this too will improve.

Most reactions

Latest posts