What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone with an engraved IPAD get it shipped?

phonegeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the engraving is a total joke. atleast the one i seen. the letters were way to small. c'mon apple you can do better than that.

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jetact said:
Hope mine leaves KY, it has been sitting there since Sunday morning. So 4 full days and no movement. Mine was engraved and says it will deliver on the 16th but I live in Oregon. So they are going to ship it from KY to OR and have it here in the next 24 hours. Hope they are right. Mine was engraved and shipped out of China on thursday moring the 8th and got to KY on the 11th.

Mine is in OR now; I'm guessing yours is with it!

dbyte

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered mine on the 7th .. still stuck in KY :( not impressed

Last Location: Arrived - Louisville, KY, United States, Tuesday, 03/13/2012

pianoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anybody gets theirs yet???!? All the news agencies early in the week said that preorder people wouldn't be getting theirs by the promised 16th. They wouldn't arrive 'til 19th at earliest and some wouldn't even ship until 19th. For both the 3GS and 4 I got screwed on Pre order and the people who stood in lines got theirs first. I thought Apple was catering to Apple Store line standers first before preorder people. Makes sense in some ways.. But then 4s's preorder got theirs on the promised day. I stood in line (first in line at Apple Store Philly) and got my 4s before UPS arrived at anyone's house - but still I'm told the 4s preorder folks got theirs same day as line standers.

So we'll see. Preorder people should always receive theirs first. That's just good business. But Apple's missed it before. Hopefully you'll all get yours today. Please let us know!

mleedix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, got it a couple hours ago. Screen is just WOW!

Last edited:

Vinster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine been stock at Louisville, KY for 3 days now. It was a 16Go Black Engraved. Supposed to be here (Montreal, QC, Canada) today, but no change in the UPS Progress.

Louisville, KY, United States03/13/20121:45Arrival Scan

I hope I get it today...

Sprintina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anybody gets theirs yet???!? All the news agencies early in the week said that preorder people wouldn't be getting theirs by the promised 16th. They wouldn't arrive 'til 19th at earliest and some wouldn't even ship until 19th. For both the 3GS and 4 I got screwed on Pre order and the people who stood in lines got theirs first. I thought Apple was catering to Apple Store line standers first before preorder people. Makes sense in some ways.. But then 4s's preorder got theirs on the promised day. I stood in line (first in line at Apple Store Philly) and got my 4s before UPS arrived at anyone's house - but still I'm told the 4s preorder folks got theirs same day as line standers.

So we'll see. Preorder people should always receive theirs first. That's just good business. But Apple's missed it before. Hopefully you'll all get yours today. Please let us know!

Got mine (pre-order) about 3 hours ago, got it setup in itunes, sync'd it (and will probably need to swap out some of the iphone apps from my 4s that installed, with the ipad versions), and watched the 1st hour of "Independence Day" on the HBO Go app that I have on my other devices just to test the streaming and video quality (also tested the movie's sound going through a bluetooth speaker). So far, so good. Works fine, lasts a long time. LOL

Vinster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
15h20, still no progress. Since I checked the business location delivery (i'm at the job), they have til 17h00 to deliver. Since there's no status update, guess I won't have it today and I'll have to wait for next week... :thumbsdown:

Dmiltman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is engraved and I received today about 11:30 est in fl. Ordered on the 7th, Love it!!
V

mikeswife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a question about engraved IPAD's. I thinking about buying my 1st IPAD ever (64gb wifi). I just found out I can get 5% back by using my discover card if purchasing online through the Apple store. Yay! Of course this means I could get it engraved. Do ya'll think engraving would affect ones chances of selling it at a later date like people are doing w/ the IPAD2? I about 100% sure I would never even do this..sell it I mean. I'm not a "gotta have the newest thing out there" kinda person. My Toshiba laptop that is dying is over 6 years old! I was just wondering if engraving takes away that option though?

Vinster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a question about engraved IPAD's. I thinking about buying my 1st IPAD ever (64gb wifi). I just found out I can get 5% back by using my discover card if purchasing online through the Apple store. Yay! Of course this means I could get it engraved. Do ya'll think engraving would affect ones chances of selling it at a later date like people are doing w/ the IPAD2? I about 100% sure I would never even do this..sell it I mean. I'm not a "gotta have the newest thing out there" kinda person. My Toshiba laptop that is dying is over 6 years old! I was just wondering if engraving takes away that option though?

I do think so yes. I personnally wouldn't buy an iPad with someone else's name on the back.

Most reactions

Latest posts