What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

anyone used griffin survivor for ipad 2

mrgee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im considering buying the griffin survivor ipad 2 complete protection abut have a question regarding the built in screen cover .
can you tell me please of the screen protector film sits tight to the screen or is it loose as in that the screen cover lifts away from the screen ?

am stuck as to get griffin survivor or the otterbox defender . its the full screen protection of the survivor i like
just need to know how snug the screen protector is

Oceanadventurer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mrgee said:
im considering buying the griffin survivor ipad 2 complete protection abut have a question regarding the built in screen cover .
can you tell me please of the screen protector film sits tight to the screen or is it loose as in that the screen cover lifts away from the screen ?

am stuck as to get griffin survivor or the otterbox defender . its the full screen protection of the survivor i like
just need to know how snug the screen protector is

I first bought the Otterbox Defender but was very disappointed. I bought the Griffin Survivor and have been very happy with it. It has a snug screen protector.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
M

mrgee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for that . The screen protector was my Only concern

Krick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by "lifts away from the screen". The integrated protector on the Survivor does not "lift away" in any sense, but it does sit every so slightly above the actual screen which is why you don't have to worry about bubbles. It does give the protector a slightly different feel from traditional protectors, but it doesn't seem to have any impact in actual use - perhaps because the "space" between the screen and the protector is negligible (wild guess, but I doubt it's even half a mm). The - Gumdrop Drop Tech case is exactly the same.

The protector does, however, have a very faint speckle to it - similar to, but not nearly as bad as, what you see with an anti-glare protector. Again, this is true of both the Survivor and the Gumdrop. It feels to me like the underside (and only the underside) of the protectors of both cases have a very very light matte finish which I speculate is to keep the protector from sticking to the screen. It's not really bothersome, but it is noticeable in a side by side comparison with a naked iPad.

If either of these issues is bothersome to you but you otherwise like the Survivor case, you can always just cut out the integrated protector with an exacto knife and install a traditional crystal clear protector directly onto the iPad before installing the case.

Gmen5280

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had the Griffin on my daughters IP2 since last Aug. I figured a 5 yr and beach sand(vacation) was the prefect reason to get the Griffin. Each of the following iPads I bought for my nephews had to have the Griffin added. It is just about as kids proof as an iPad can get. There are some draw backs though, 1) port covers don't want to say pinned back(open). I've taken some small hook/loop (velcro) and fixed that issue. 2) I adds some bulk to the design, when I take the iPad out to clean the screen, I am shocked at how slim the iPad really is on it's own. Beyond those issues, the Griffin is the iPads best friend when it comes to being used by little kids. Cheers

Most reactions

Latest posts