What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Griffin "Survivor" review

seanr7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had my iPad 2 for about 4 weeks and the Survivor a few days less.

First impressions, holy hell this is like wrapping my iPad in armor all the ports are covered it comes with a built in screen protector and for the most part is sand and water resistant. I love the way it looks and feels in my hands. I am comfortable handing this to my six year old and not worrying that she will harm it.

Second impressions, the massive protection is truly only needed about 20 - 30% of the time and I miss holding the sleek iPad in my hand, the covered ports are not designed as well as I first thought, the speaker is covered, yes the cover pulls back and is "designed" to snap into a port and stay open. It does not stay open so if you want descent sound you need headphones. I bought an HDMI converter for my HDTV the opening is too narrow for the adapter to fit in, meaning I have to take it out of the "Survivor" if I want to use it, defeating the purpose of the case. Taking the case off and putting it back on is a chore and not something I am willing to do.

Final impression. Maximum protection that truly gets in the way of some of the iPad's functionality. I would suggest only buying this case if you (A) work in the elements or (B) if you're a klutz that is constantly dropping the pad. So in short if you are willing to sacrifice a bit for protection this case is for you, otherwise I would suggest something a little smaller and less bulky.

Hope this helped, this was my first iPad accessory review.

Temp31

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seems that a lot of people complain about the usability of the iPad when they've got the case installed.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had mine for months and love it, I feel a lot better knowing that it's protected. You still have to be careful with it as the screen isn't really protected, just a thin sheet of plastic across it so it can still crack easily. Only complaint I have is the cover for the mic keeps coming out but that seems to be an issue as a few people at my work have the case and the same issue.

Most reactions

Latest posts