What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone use EyeTV with the iPad?

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the iPad app for EyeTV and yesterday, got it linked with my iMac. I then downloaded a video to the iPad, or so I thought. within wifi range, it looked like I was good to go, but when I got to work to show the video to some employees, it was nowhere to be found. I am going to work with it this evening, but wondered if anyone else had experience with the program.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
By default that app just searchs the local network for any computers running eyetv.

To use this while away from home you need to set it up with the free Elgato's My EyeTV service.

On your mac open EyeTV then go to Preferences > iPhone.

on your iPad after opening the app click edit and then select add to add the PC.

OP
Seadog

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got all the links going OK, but what I thought was downloaded onto the iPad was not there. It did download onto the iMac iTunes, so I copied it to my MacBook iTunes and then synced onto my iPad.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I have the app to try out here, but as far as I can tell from the description and videos I think its just for having all the content on your PC and streaming it to your iPad live as long as the PC is on.

OP
Seadog

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The program will convert the video to iPad format. It's slow, but then so is exporting any of their video as H-264 to another drive. I have tried doing streaming live video, but was disappointed in how jerky it was.

Most reactions

Latest posts