What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

anyone selling ipad 1? i'm debating...

icegurl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is anyone selling their ipad 1 now that ipad 3 will be coming out in a couple weeks? if so, at what price?

i have a 16gb wifi only ipad 1, and as much as i love it, i'm getting soooooooooooooo frustrated with apps crashing after i updated the OS to 5.01.

i'm thinking about selling it, but what do you think would be a reasonable price? i listed it on cl to see if there were any biters and started at $380 (ipad + accessories, including bluetooth keyboard)... and went all the way down to $320, but still no biters. am i crazy to think that it won't sell unless it's priced at like $200? if that's the case, i'd rather just keep it, ya know?

exile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How I normally set up my listing is by looking at other peoples auctions with bids and ending soonest. Just to gauge an idea how much it'll go for... Relative ball park... And compare if they have any accessories in simliarity with what I'm selling...

Once I decide on a reasonable figure... I set my listing.. but I normally do mine as BIN and not auction.

Although you have a one... My brother just sold his 2 with a smart cover for 400 shipped.. so a one... What kind of accessories? I wouldn't expect more than 250.. just looked on eBay and there's a 1-16gb with a dock and cover for just about 292 shipped with 30 or so bidders.. so it'll probably end just about 300 or so.

Hope that helps

Edit-
And yes, 380 is way too high. That's how much used 2's are going for. You would need some pretty pricy accessories to get even close... Like 320..330... Like a clamcase or something.

Last edited:

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
380 for the base model iPad 1 is too high sadly. Thats what 2's are selling for. You should look at going around 300ish IMO. Maybe 320-330. That's just the way the cookie crumbles sadly. ARe you looking to put your earnings towards a new ipad 3? You could consider gazelle.com or some other such site.

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The lowest version of iPad 1 (16G) with WIFI only is selling between $150 to $180 on e bay. I would expect to see it even lower by the time the iPad 3 releases. You can buy a used blue tooth key board ( Non apple) for about $10.

Last edited:

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The device is older than 2 years which in the world of apple is very old, After the 4th year, apple would leave you and the new updates can no longer be applied. The new mountain Lion OSX can not be used with any Apple units older than 2008.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
The device is older than 2 years which in the world of apple is very old, After the 4th year, apple would leave you and the new updates can no longer be applied. The new mountain Lion OSX can not be used with any Apple units older than 2008.

Still, considering all the iPad 1 can still do...thats surprising. Anywho

/carryon...

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is anyone selling their ipad 1 now that ipad 3 will be coming out in a couple weeks? if so, at what price?

i have a 16gb wifi only ipad 1, and as much as i love it, i'm getting soooooooooooooo frustrated with apps crashing after i updated the OS to 5.01.

i'm thinking about selling it, but what do you think would be a reasonable price? i listed it on cl to see if there were any biters and started at $380 (ipad + accessories, including bluetooth keyboard)... and went all the way down to $320, but still no biters. am i crazy to think that it won't sell unless it's priced at like $200? if that's the case, i'd rather just keep it, ya know?

Most of your issues has nothing to do with IOS upgrades, it is most likely the apps that have not upgraded to play with 5.01

Most reactions

Latest posts