What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone self-pub in iBookstore directly?

MJA Ware

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been pending for about a month. -No reply yet.

marlahrd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Self-published to iBookstore

Hi, It took about 5 days for my self-published book to be up on iBookstore.

Now my question is, how do you follow the ranking?

Marla Heller, The DASH Diet Action Plan

DArenson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm... my novel ("Firefly Island") was pending for only a few days. I hope they approve your book soon!

donna.callea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went the smashwords route. What are the advantages of bypassing SW? Aside from not sharing royalties?

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One has to have a US Tax ID to be able to use Apple iBook publishing.
That sucks. They don't cater for people outside of the US?

OnTheGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Other than having to buy your own ISBN and having a Mac, I've decided to use LuLu. It only took 3 days for 3 of my ePub books to show up on the iBookstore! A few of them took two weeks but those got caught in a LuLu system update cycle - they were on hold while releasing new code.

carpenter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How did you format your book to submit to iBookstore? Did you have to use a book designer or could you just put it into Word for Mac? I'm trying to decide between iBookstore and Amazon KDP for a series of book I have in mind. They are non-fiction and I have published with hardcover publishers previously. This time, I don't anticipate anything but an ebook. I will also use my own cover design and I do have a tax ID number, so no problem. Plus, I do write on an Air, but I don't have 1MB/sec uploads on my DSL connection.

Any advice from anyone would be appreciated.

carpenter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just one question. What helped you to make the decision to go with LuLu instead of someone like Smashwords? I'm considering which way to go now.

Most reactions

Latest posts