What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone Else Crashing?

BurgGirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since iBooks began offering more free and low cost books from self pub authors, the store crashes on me every time I click on below $3.99. Anyone else have this problem? I have iPad 1 so can no longer upgrade iOS. Has Apple just eliminated my book buying capability?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just tried clicking in that section of the bookstore in the iBooks app, and it works fine for me. (I tried with my older iPad, an iPad 2 on iOS 5.1.1.)

iBooks currently requires iOS 5. Are you on that?

With an iPad 1, limited RAM has increasingly led to crashes. Try closing all other apps and see if that helps.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
By the way, I've noticed that there's an increase of complaints about crashes on older iPads when accessing various apps, including iTunes, so it doesn't surprise me if iBooks is acting up, because I think Apple's native apps can overtax iPads with limited RAM.

If it turns out that you can't get around things and conveniently access iBooks, I'd suggest using the Kindle app and its app store instead. Kindle has proven the most reliable of all the book apps I've used over the years.

If you decide to use Kindle, I suggest adding its bookstore to your home screen, because Amazon refused to pay Apple 30% on in-app sales, so you buy via Amazon's website and then read on the Kindle app.

This is the app: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...R-89h9A6olyGiSl8d_VIjAw&bvm=bv.42553238,d.eWU

This is the bookstore: Amazon.com: Kindle eBooks: Find an eBook, Free eBooks, Digital Books, and Books Online

OP
B

BurgGirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the helpful suggestions. I do have the latest iOS I was allowed to get for my iPad 1. I also use Kindle app for reading and it works fine. I'm just so surprised that Apple introduced the option of buying the less expensive Indy books but seems to have blocked loyal buyers like myself. Hate to see a company I admire do things like that.

awcjv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Every time I open certain books it goes to the last page and then the book closes
Help

Most reactions