What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else so disappointed they want to cry?

bzbmum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope, not disappointed at all. Besides, shouldn't you be happy that the New iPad was disappointing enough for you to not spend any more money on it? People are either excited and think the new iPad to be worth purchasing or are content with the fact that they already have a good enough iPad and don't need to spend any more money on a new one. Crying because you can't spend money on a new iPad that didn't meet your standards just doesn't make sense!

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
bzbmum said:
Nope, not disappointed at all. Besides, shouldn't you be happy that the New iPad was disappointing enough for you to not spend any more money on it? People are either excited and think the new iPad to be worth purchasing or are content with the fact that they already have a good enough iPad and don't need to spend any more money on a new one. Crying because you can't spend money on a new iPad that didn't meet your standards just doesn't make sense!

Agreed!!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Imagine Christmas though the eyes of a child. Now view them through a mature adult. It is still a big deal, but it is not magical. The release of a new iPad is becoming like that. It is a lot of secrets, and full of surprises. But it is no longer magical in your mind, and unless you allow yourself to view it through the eyes of a child, it becomes no big deal.

I pity those who cannot get pleasure from such events. You do not have to fall into a child's mind to enjoy anything like this. After the original introduction, gains by the iPad are never going to be of the caliber of the original. Just like nothing is going to replace your first big toy. Now bug off, naysayers, while I do my Snoopy dance in my mind.:p

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Seadog said:
Imagine Christmas though the eyes of a child. Now view them through a mature adult. It is still a big deal, but it is not magical. The release of a new iPad is becoming like that. It is a lot of secrets, and full of surprises. But it is no longer magical in your mind, and unless you allow yourself to view it through the eyes of a child, it becomes no big deal.

I pity those who cannot get pleasure from such events. You do not have to fall into a child's mind to enjoy anything like this. After the original introduction, gains by the iPad are never going to be of the caliber of the original. Just like nothing is going to replace your first big toy. Now bug off, naysayers, while I do my Snoopy dance in my mind.:p

I wish I had said that.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It has been reported that the feature that is most bothering some buyers of the new iPad is that there is not enough difference between the iPad 2 and the new model, for posers at Starbucks to get attention for having the new model. I can see that. When I went to a Mexican restaurant shortly after getting my iPad, I noticed all of the waiters hovering over us while I was showing it off to my group. Got great service that night, but some dirty looks from tables missing their waiter.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not interested in attention because of gadgets. To me, they're tools. I get excited about accomplishments, friendships and such. Stuff is nice, but it's just stuff.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

This cracks me up, because I adore my brother's kids, who are young enough to have fun with the cheapest of toys. They aren't jaded enough yet to require upgrades. It will be sad when they look forward to Christmas as a commercial enterprise.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
This cracks me up, because I adore my brother's kids, who are young enough to have fun with the cheapest of toys. They aren't jaded enough yet to require upgrades. It will be sad when they look forward to Christmas as a commercial enterprise.

Oh they'll get there soon enough lol!!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

Nikki86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seadog said:

So true, I love this! I'm so excited about tomorrow! :)

Patrizia_NC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no, I don't cry over electronics and honestly you must be kidding... a few years ago this technology didn't even exist.. the "spoiled" attitude really makes no sense.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Patrizia_NC said:
no, I don't cry over electronics and honestly you must be kidding... a few years ago this technology didn't even exist.. the "spoiled" attitude really makes no sense.

Preaching to the NYC choir lol!!!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh they'll get there soon enough lol!!!

Not sure. Depends on culture and the individual kids' personalities maybe. My nuclear family was more Eastern than Western, and we grew up not expecting Christmas gifts. Children's birthdays weren't even celebrated, because age was revered. What I remember liking best about Chinese New Year's was eating lots of candy and food, lol. I remember going to take care of ancestors' grave sites as an act of respect on one holiday and liking that because my extended family would gather and eat after. Even decades later, I feel very connected to my extended family, because what was celebrated at holidays was getting together.

Most reactions

Latest posts