What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone cancelled their "Daily" subscription?

Rperez414

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If so, how do you do it? Is it as simple as deleting the app?

I subscribed because I genuinely liked how you could download the whole multi-media smorgasbord so it's available on an airplane later. I'm willing to wait a bit on the download if it's all their later when I'm out of my wifi zone.

But the whole crash and lock routine has driven me crazy. I'm sick and tired of waiting for some semblance of stability. I think I'd even be okay if it locked up on me 20 percent of the time but it's gotta be over half.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did not even bother trying at all. I have USA Today and CNN apps, both of which are fine, and I look up news stories on news web sites anyway, like my local TV stations or newspapers, or Yahoo news off my iPhone mobile app at 2X which suffices. Plenty of other options. I also turn on the good old TV in the AM sometime as well to see what's going on, and sometimes even the radio, so heck, don't need a paid digital paper. I had a good old fashioned home delivery daily paper for years but cancelled it a few years back when it got to the point that each section seemed maybe 5 pages.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marabou Muddler said:
I deleted it b/c it seemed like News-Lite. Not impressed at all.

I agree. The Daily was a daily disappointment that was butt ugly slow to download every time you opened it.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Play it safe and stop your subscription in the app. No telling what will happen if you just delete it. If you can't get the app to stay online long enough to cancel try the Daily's support page and see if they can tell you how to stop the subscription.

I seem to remember something about being able to manage your subscriptions in iTunes, but can't find it. I expect/hope there will be a way to manage subscription in iTunes when 4.3 is out.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unable to get the Daily here, so I just use Pulse to read the daily headlines and articles.
Have mine set for the major US and UK papers, as well as number of periodicals and it works really well.

Also notice theres a new news app released called 360News which looks if it might be good if you can edit the feeds.

spvicker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here are directions to stop subscription:

On your iPad:

1. Go to your iPad settings and tap on Store settings
2. Tap on your Apple ID
3. A box will pop-up – tap on View Apple ID and enter your password if necessary
4. A new box will appear – scroll down to Subscriptions and tap on Manage. Here you can switch from weekly to annual or turn recurring billing on and off.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Here are directions to stop subscription:

On your iPad:

1. Go to your iPad settings and tap on Store settings
2. Tap on your Apple ID
3. A box will pop-up – tap on View Apple ID and enter your password if necessary
4. A new box will appear – scroll down to Subscriptions and tap on Manage. Here you can switch from weekly to annual or turn recurring billing on and off.

This is correct.

Subscriptions have to be canceled from within your iTunes account.

Most reactions

Latest posts