What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody Upgrade iOS to 5.1.1?

Harley Arv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I'm totally new to this and it took a very short while with no issues

yupfive

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,I'm new here hope there's anyone can help.if I direct update the os5.1.1 by using iPad will it affecting all my details and apps that I downloaded b4???thanks!!

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to our forums. The answer is Over the Air upgrade via wifi will update the ios only and will not affect your data. In some rare cases some apps may hiccup however either updates from the developers will be provided or you can delete the App and then down load it again free. I had a small problem with informant which crashed I just deleted the App then downloaded it and all was fine. If you connect the iPad to your computer and iTunes it will take a much longer time as it reinstalls the complete iOS. It is absolutely important that before you do that make sure iTunes backs up your iPad so it will restore comletely. If you have any issues or problems after you upgrade over the air then by all means please just let us know and we will assist you

Wobby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did my iPad 2 and iPhone 3GS last night
All went well ;)

Ingoiolo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quickly done on mine.

3G connection does not seem to be an issue anymore, but it started dropping wifi connection annoyingly often

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Upgraded two iPads, two iPhones and a touch 4 OTA without prob. Have been using my iDevices since, without noticeable difference.

Ankou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wifi problems after Upgrade to 5.1.1

I'm one of the luckyless that have a lot of wifi drop, sometimes 1 per minute and sometimes no way to reconnect.
When it's working, it's cool but when wifi drop every minutes or so, the iPad is nearly useless. :(
I see that a lot of people don't have this problem so I am hopeless that they will make another update soon to solve this.

and before in 5.1 the iPad 3 wifi was working without any wifi drop. (never)

Ankou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no more wifi drops du to upgrade 5.1.1

It's weird, but the end I tried one solution proposed that I didn't tried before because of "the solution itself" not believing that it will work.
I put the brightness to max lvl and since, no more problem with the wifi, no more drop.
so far it works it seams.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ankou said:
It's weird, but the end I tried one solution proposed that I didn't tried before because of "the solution itself" not believing that it will work.
I put the brightness to max lvl and since, no more problem with the wifi, no more drop.
so far it works it seams.

If that's the solution I'd suggest you change it back and see if the problem comes back. If it does you have a hardware problem that needs attention and I could only suggest that you use the warranty coverage if it's not too late.

Actually another thing I would suggest is to reload the 5.1.1 code using iTunes and running a restore.

Most reactions

Latest posts